Over The Top

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest louis wu

I love a good 'discussion', sometimes I'm right, and sometimes wrong, but usually there is a point to the hostilities, er, I mean conversation.

I was, however, struggeling to find a reason for this thread and the way it has evolved. Then it dawned on me. For the CAG side, there is a sense of pride, and I suspect gratitude for a site that has helped not only in the fight against the banks and their charges, but also in restoring peoples self respect that the banks try to take away in their treatment of us.

Then the other side, I'm not sure what their called because it's all a bit cloak and dagger, (sorry, I don't really know much about that, other than the big issue of security, the bear garden and the ex mod, and I am happy to keep it that way), what is their purpose in this? It can only be a bit of free publicity and the hope/desire that a few people look at alternitive sites. I personally dont see/have a problem with that, but wonder why it's done in a circumspect way.

Ultimately though, this is one of those threads that is going to go round in circles, until someone steps over the mark, gets closed down, and the mods then getting grief over it.

Might be best if one side says sod it, and gives the other the last word.

I do not mean to disrespect any side, no doubt I have, it just seems to me to be one of those subjects that just wont go away......roll on March so the proper stuff can begin again.

While of course you're perfectly entitled to that opinion it could also be said that the op, in being able to open and close his thread, apparently at a point of his choosing and without feeling it appropriete to reveal subject of it and thus making it impossible to have an even debate, wouldn't nessesaraly fall into the catagory of 'the interests of fairness'.

I'm sorry - I just don't get this.

Why can't you all kiss and make up - or go away and leave us alone? So (according to you) we have rubbish posters who (you say) are allegedly rubbishing your site.

So what? Presumably (I have no idea) you have your own members who will not be affected by posts in our Bear Garden.

We come here after a hard day to let our hair down and have a laugh. And, to be frank, this constant sniping is boring us.

Please grow up and get a life.

And - all members of CAG - please do not feed the trolls.

Tx

Peace and love.

HC

xx

• Haha 1

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

[And - all members of CAG - please do not feed the trolls.

Tx

Peace and love.

HC

xx

that does not sound like "live and let live" To me

and it was someone from CAG that started this particular discussion:???:

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

I apologise for that part.

Post in haste, repent at leisure, and all that.

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

its the drink;)

(barcardi ) jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Cider and red wine here - not in the same glass, just one after the other - after a very long week of teaching.

barcadi and coke - ISO9000 inspection -

jan:D

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Oh - enjoy - ain't Friday nights lovely?

yes especially if your OH has had more to drink than you

PEACE;)

except for snoring

by the way if anybody does want to avoid divorce ( some might) I have found some cracking earplugs:cool:

oops - sorry CRFX - guilty of hijacking

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

hehe - I have no OH. Just Johnny Cash, a glass of wine, and relaxation.

Life is good.

I lay down my gauntlet

long live CAG:D

I did pm setmefree a very fair opportunitity to not only prove himself

right and myself wrong but to raise some substantial and much needed funds for the site.

But regrettably setmefree, motto: 'long live CAG' couldn't find the time to respond.

setmefree

I couldn't help noticing your ''lay down the

guantlet'' post on my thread and I thought

I'd lay lat mine too.

I think we should settle the matter of which

site you referred to in your original thread by

way of a wager.

I propose we bet any sum of your choosing.

The true identity of the site can easily be

verified with your cooperation. And the winner

to donate the sum to your beloved CAG. So

either way CAG benifits.

I don't think I could be much fairer And If you

have the courage of your convictions then I

would expect you to accept the challenge.

crfx

I really do not understand this. What is setmefree meant to be doing? Guess which site he was referring to, although he has said he was not making specific comments? And how are you going to verify it? Do you have some new machine that can read his mind?

• Haha 1

How about we all live and let live and agree that if SMF wanted to name the site, he would ahve done: he obviously doesn't want to so people can either accept that or draw their own conclusions as they wish.

It's not actually achieving anything, is it?

Come on, bad night last night with football but the sun is shining today - let's live and let live.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Ah crfx once again you continue a thread that no one has an interest in,at no time did i ever mention a specific site when i referred to OTR,in fact i can't understand your remarks of (wager) to name the site.

You were the one who named another site and not me,yes you sent me a PM which you have put in a post above,A PM stands for Private Message,you have now made a private message available for all to read,so why send it private message in the first place.I now have no trust in you whatsoever regarding a PM.

As for your remark YOUR beloved CAG where does that remark come from,do i own the site???.

Obviously my thread has hit a raw nerve nerve with you,this you have made clear to continue to ask me to answer you.

To clear your mind please post the other site that you are connected to and i will respond with a post as to whether i was refferring to that site,if i reply NO and you still continue to question me for the site then i can only presume that you have a personal problem with me.

SMF

''once again you continue a thread that no one has an interest in''

941 hits?

''in fact i can't understand your remarks of (wager) to name the site''

It couldn't be clearer

''As for your remark YOUR beloved CAG where does that remark come from''

Well it's my remark (?) Inspired by your post #29

''To clear your mind please post the other site that you are connected to''

Bit confused on that one as earlier in your post you already confirmed I've done that ''You were the one who named another site ''

''To clear your mind please post the other site that you are connected to''

See previous answer

i will respond with a post as to whether i was refferring to that site

Again you already have. See post #14

Anything else?

Guest louis wu
''once again you continue a thread that no one has an interest in''

941 hits?

I suspect most are like me. I look, not because of the subject matter, rather to get a laugh at the ridiculous arguments being offered:) . I take it I am allowed to do that:?:.

I also think you will find that 47 replies on 975 hits is WELL below average:rolleyes: , so people get their laugh and move onto something else.

Nah sorry you still ain't making any sense

Please give me the definite name of the other site you are connected to and not just the initials as you firstly suggested,also do you on the other site that you are connected with ,send out a Private Message and then if you get no answer post it for public view.

Please tell me what's your user name on the other site and your position,once again give me the name of the site and i will tell you yes or no.

I'm in no doubt that the site you are referring to is Legal Beagels. It is the only site that refers to CAG as OTR. It's hardly baffling.

LMFAO

Take a look at your quote post 13,my answer in post 14 as you have quoted above merely corrects your above statement as being wrong.:D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks