CPS - Parking Without Permit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

• 1 month later...
Guest interesting

Stethomas ..

[EDITED]

If you do take his advice then make sure he is acting on a professional level and not as a 'layman' as any bad advice he may give you will cost you in financial terms if you lose..

Ha ha, here we go again. Interesting the well known lackey of private parking boss Perky (owner of CPS) and who has told us he loves to clamp drivers after 30 seconds is warning about taking on the company he represents.

Yet he makes no reference to the fact that he is a stooge for CPS. Stethomas will no doubt wish to take anything this biased [Edited] says with a very large amount of salt.

Clearly interesting or his best mate must have seen a defence that has rattled them a bit. Obviously I cannot confirm if I have had a hand in that. Hence the rather desperate and pathetic (but entirely keeping in character) approach to try to put Stethomas off.

Guest interesting

Rattled but in a funny way...

EDITED no need for this either

And as for putting stethomas off ... far from it, he has every right to defend himself if a ticket has been issued incorrectly and if no warnings/notices were given - I just wish people would get real advice and assistance from qualified people.

BTW Legaladvisor .. you have been told by mods about calling people Idiots and making personal comments like that !!!

Please Refrain from personal attacks or insults

should this persist it will result in your posts being moderated and ultimately your accounts being placed on moderation which im sure no one wants

For the avoidance of any doubt this applies to every one

Regards

paul

Hi, Strethomas. I would advise that you take legaladviser's offer.

Reading all of his posts he has made it is obvious he does know what he is talking about. You should be aware that interesting has connections with private parking companys, so it may be wise not to follow his advice.

I have unapproved 10 posts.

The contents of these posts were off topic.

Any further posts that are off topic will be unapproved.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

• 2 months later...

Was that the Scottish P.R. department trying to stir things up a few days before the hearing? Makes CPS look even bigger fools, CPS must of been Soooo sure of winning this, but with evidence of "We just do" confirms how much of a fool this outfit is... Clearly wasn't thinking before he spoke, or if he was then he was just stupid.

I'm at a loss for words to be honest, as I can't think of any way to describe someone who at court when giving evidence says "We just do"

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

It seems that Perky knew "consumeractiongroup" were on the case as far back as February, and given the defendant's name is not well hidden, Perky could have known when the claim was issued. Yet he still proceeded. So give him his due!

I'm sure there's more going on in the background of this story than has been given. I'm intrigued to know.

I'm sure there's more going on in the background of this story than has been given. I'm intrigued to know.

I agree, I think something is been cooked up by Perky & Co. they've been very quiet today.... or so they would like us to think.... with an unmoderated internet these days anyone can come along.... ;)

Wonder how many invoice perky is going to have to [problem] to rake back his travelling costs for the hearing yesterday.... wonder if he paid for the parking too. :D

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

I agree, I think something is been cooked up by Perky & Co. they've been very quiet today.... or so they would like us to think.... with an unmoderated internet these days anyone can come along.... ;)

They are probably cooking up a face saving story to place a positive spin on their defeat.

• 5 months later...

Aw shucks. Perky is a little upset that no-one has taken his great "win" seriously. Maybe something to do with him totally chickening out of a direct legal challenge from a mod over at Pepipoo. I can see how humiliating that would be for Perky, who believes his point of view is infallible. When it came right down to it, he couldn't quite pick up the gauntlet because presmably he is terrified he would lose. By the way, is there anything the legal experts can help you with Perky? Another FPN for your wife, perhaps?

• 2 years later...

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME??? Ive heard people on these forums talking about UKCPS, but ive just been given a ticket from just plain 'CPS' in leeds, just outside the centre.

There was really thick snow this morning on north hill road. I looked around and there were posts with signs on facing the onto a gated car park for a college. I was in a spot outside it in kind of a lay by/parking bay. When I came back out later in the evening and someone had turned the sign around to face my car and put a ticket on it. I've never been there before and couldnt understand - iv been finned before from official government and i held my hands up and paid but from then on Ive always been really careful to not park anywhere suspicious.

Anyone got any advice?

Thankyou for reading

It matters not which particular PPC is involved, the advice is always the same - just ignore them and they will go away.

Note, they will send increasingly threatening letters to try and intimidate you into paying. You have to be prepared to stand firm.

Generally speaking, I agree, however CPS sounds like it could very well be Combined Parking Solutions and Perky's outfit can be rather more persistent. Best wait and see what turns up in the post, but in the meantime you would be well advised to get evidence of the swivelling sign (witness & photograph), for on that basis you cannot possibly have agreed to pay their exorbitant 'Parking Charge' as for the contract to be formed you must have seen, read and understood the implications, and you may ultimately need to demonstrate that the signage was defective.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!