How did you find this website?

intersimi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I also found out through Martin Lewis's excellent site...I've been a fan of his for a while now since I first saw him on Watchdog ...

I think this site is excellent and kudos to the creators, moderators, contributors and everyone else involved in keeping this site going.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it via http://tazzyandpiggy.com/nsfw/index.php?paged=4

I've been incensed by the complete incompetence of banks for ages. On several occassions I have phoned them a week or more prior to a DD coming out to let them know that the money wouldn't be there and I didn't want any charges being raised. "Sorry, not our problem" feckers.

I have also put up a post on my own blog http://blog-convict.blogspot.com/

Martin Lewis's Money Saving Expert for me too...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I've found you in an advice sector magazine, "Adviser", the January issue, me thinks. So far I posted your link to about 700 people via advice mailbase, further 30 to my clients and about 20 to friends. I am a spammer of the year and proud of it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's a bi-monthly magazine for welfare and money advice sector. It's available by subscription to all CAB staff, DIAL, and all advice organisations- so quite a large readership. I am writing now from home and I don't remember which issue precisely- but I'll let you know as soon as I am back in main office on Thursday.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I found you guys after getting cheesed off with HSBC again. I just got a new mobile phone with T-Mobile and asked them to take the DD for £27.95 out at the end of the month.

Well they didn't, they tried to take it out of my account at the start of the month. I get a phone call from HSBC telling me I was £30 overdrawn as I had insuffience funds. So they refunded the DD and charged me £30!! :shock:

Then T-Mobile were going to try and charge me £25 until I kicked up a fuss, so they agreed to cancel the charge! :o

However HSBC were having none of it, so I had a look on Google as I had heard of a case before about someone getting there bank charges back and couldn't believe my eyes when I found this website. :D (Applauds the website founders & moderators)

After reading through the forums, it has now inspired me to claim back every single charge that HSBC and Capital One have ever charged me unfairly. I've shown this to friends who are incensed that the OFT and Goverment do not seem to be doing anything about this.

I'll be sending my DPA letters off on Friday to both rip off institutes and I'm more than prepared to fight them in court. After reading through the advice of this site, I am extremely confident. I've got that revoultion feeling, that times are a changing!! 8)

Expect a new post tracking my progress on Friday and good luck to everyone.... :D and I'll be supporting anyone who needs it!

Life is a comedy to those who THINK and a tragedy to those who FEEL!

Consumer Action Group = Best Website in the WORLD.

I read about Stephen in the Sunday Express and got te link from there it was in the Financial Pages at least twice in a short space of time. I only reacte after the latest article ( Chicken hearted B**tard that I am, or possibly just lazy? Which is how most Banks want people to act ). Excellent site and growing, I check in every for the latest info, but I make a point of looking at the ever swelling members total, roll on 10,000+ !!! :D:D:D

all ideas and information exchanged willingly, bounce the ideas around,it helps everyone at the end of the day, good luck to you all and God Bless...LoL Graham & Yvonne

Believe it or not I got to this forum via a link posted on

dragonsdenuk.com.

It's an asian film fan site (not mother-in-law site :lol: )

and I am still grateful to the guy who posted the link.

"Poison Clan Rocks The World"

and I posted this site on a boxing forum I go on, yesterday! :D

Data Protection Act letter sent 10/04/2006,

priliminary letter sent 23/05/06,

LBA sent 7/06/06

claim issued 23/06/06

deemed to be served 25/06/06

Abbey Acknowledged with intent to defend, they have got until: 23/07/06

50% offered + interest, rejected: 21/07/06

AQ recieved 27/07/06,

AQ posted back 09/08/06

Court date 13/12/06

Found it from Martin Lewis's site. Can't claim any charges back cos luckily I haven't had any for the last few years but before that they were horrendous. Had house repossessed at one point. Finally sorted myself out. Now telling everyone I know about you guys. Keep up the good work.

I saw it in the Gardian newspaper last week which ran a report about an accountant successfully claiming back charges from HSBC. Not done anything about my bank yet (which is also HSBC), but I have already succesfully taken action against a company who owed me money by using the HMCS Money Claim website after I saw it mentioned in one of these forums. Thanks! :lol:

Another one for the MSE link....

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks