style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anybody know anything about company law in relation to private members clubs? Been asked a question tonight and am too tired to try to look for it myself - and have not got a clue where to post it here.

:confused:

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Hey milky

Can you point me to the relevant sections of the Act? I'm specifically interested in how clubs who are not abiding by their constitution (for example, by not having a quorate committee) might be in violation of the Act.

Tx

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

Argh!

I can do the Licencing Act - but I'm loathe to point to the violations in that as I really do not want to get my Club shut down.

MTM - so I am right in thinking that private members clubs fall under company law?

Well - I should know the constitution - as I helped write it.

But yes, oh wigged one, I'll start another thread there.

Tx

:)