vodafone Contract Cancelled

rosie&jim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5061 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have ahd my contract mobile with Vodafone for 4 years, never had a payment problem, until this Summer (when I had to raise extra £200 for Allocation Fees), and had not paid for 3 months until yesterday in total £135. After I had made the payment, the lady informed me that my contract had been cancelled - I would have to pay £35 to be reconnected, or £65 to complete the contract without service.

I explained that I had spoken to them only last week and the week before to keep them up to date, and no one told me that this was to be the case. So I visited Vodafone Shop today, explained & got told Nothing We Can Do.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal - I am staggered.

Well.... they do terminate automatically if no payment has been received to the account, and after 3 months, I think you'd find Virgin, Sky and any other utility would do the same. £35 is their standard 'reconnection' fee - it could be argued it doesn't actually cost them that much to restore service, but you could buy a replacement PAYG sin with airtime credit and a shiny new Vodafone number for £5 or even less.

If they are asking for £65 to end your contract, you must have had an upgraded handset sometime within the last 18 months? The fee will represent the final 2 months or so service remaining. I'm not aware of ANY network that has a 'human' front when it comes to being understanding, so PAYG is the way to go. If you want to retain your number, ask for it to be transferred to your new PAYG SIM and all will be well.