Buccanan Clark and wells

Shazza50
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5673 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a message left on my phone from this company to contact them before 8pm, but they don't say what it is about.

I understand that they are a DCA and I am presuming it is about my B of S credit card as I have been unable to pay them.

I really do not want to speak to them on the phone but have no idea where they are from.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to contact them by post or should I wait for them to write to me.

Shazza

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should really just wait for them to write to you. You don't have to speak to them over the phone (in fact I would recommend that you never do as they will just try and badger you into making payments you can not afford).

I understand that they are a DCA and I am presuming it is about my B of S credit card as I have been unable to pay them.

Are you completely unable to pay them or is it a case of you can't meet the minimum payments?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I have dealt with this lot a while back (before joining here) I would also advise not to speak to them on the phone.Just tell them that all correspondence to be in writing only.

If you have a read through some of the DCA threads you will sooon find a way to deal with them,don't answer the security questions.

This is just my opinion.:)

• 1 month later...

I have now offered to pay BCW £20 per month which they have accepted, I have paid the first payment and the next is due 20Dec. This week they have phoned every other day leaving a message to contact them to discuss my account on an 0871 number. I have already told them that all correspondence should be in writing.

After reading through all the threads on here about them I am considering a request for a cca from them, but have I left it to late as I have already agreed to pay? I don't like the tone of the voice of the person leaving these messages so it is spurning me on to do something:)

I am considering a request for a cca from them, but have I left it to late as I have already agreed to pay?

No. It's your legal right to request a copy of the agreement. You can decide not to acknowledge a debt and dispute it any time, the fact that you have previously made arrangements to pay is irrelevant.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

It's never too late to make a CCA request.... making payments makes no difference. Make sure it goes off by rec. delivery, enclose a postal order for £1 (not a chq.) and don't sign the request; just do a block capitals "signature"..... If they try and get hold of you by 'phone, just hang up or simply refuse to go through security with them.... and then hang up.

Just out of interest, how did you make that last payment ?.... debit card ?... cheque ?

Have you sent them the harassment by telephone letter yet?

Thanks for the replies, I will send off the request this weekend. What should I expect from them if they don't have it, will I get more hassle? To be honest I feel quite scared of all of this.I made the first payment by debit card, is that a problem? No, I haven't sent a letter of harrassment as the calls only started this week.

you could always try some of the old tricks when they ring up,

Do u know a forigen language?

Do u have kids that could do with a english lesson?

or and this is my favorite. Do u have a whistle? i dont think this one is advised but l am sure they will get the message when you blow it down there ear. :) :) :)

These are just some of the ideas that other cag usesr have advised over time. One womans 2 year old gets handed the phone and her vocalabary has imporve since she started telling thenm her life story.

I say if it works then use it but maybe not the whistle one :) :)

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Just come back on here if you have any worries...

As for the debit card payment, my worry is that they now have these details and could make an unauthorised payment. Just keep an eye on your account.... it may be worth putting something in writing to the bank, or even cancelling the card and requesting a new one.

Sorry for worrying you.... but it's important to cover your back with these people.

:)

A good phrase to use on DCAs (or two) in Japanese are

Suimemasen (excuse me) repeated over again or

Shujun (alcoholic mad person)

Don't phone them and if they continue to phone simply say "I am letting you know that this conversation is being recorded...."

A good phrase to use on DCAs (or two) in Japanese are

Suimemasen (excuse me) repeated over again or

Shujun (alcoholic mad person)

Don't phone them and if they continue to phone simply say "I am letting you know that this conversation is being recorded...."

It is also very helpful residing here in Wales and speaking Welsh.

I break the conversation up with a bit of broken English, as if I was unable to fully speak the language, and they always agree to have a Welsh speaker call me next time but they never do thus, I'm left alone.

It is also very helpful residing here in Wales and speaking Welsh.

I break the conversation up with a bit of broken English, as if I was unable to fully speak the language, and they always agree to have a Welsh speaker call me next time but they never do thus, I'm left alone.

That sounds like another idea that was on another thread.

This one person could speak multipy languages. Chinese, mandarin, japanese, french, german and spanish.

So for every DCA phone call they got answers to the security questions in one of the languages. She sadi she was in stitches when every she got of the phone and the DCAs stopped calling her.

Well at least they got the message.

Chrissi

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Asking for the Welsh-speaker/Gaelic speaker or any other sort of speaker gets them every time! But I would just tell them that everything has to be in writing and put the phone down. If they persist in phoning send them the harrassment letter and if they continue report them. Its simple.

As well as me being in difficulties paying the credit card, my husband is in the same situation but with a different cc company. This morning he has received a letter from BCW asking for payments, coincidence or have they done a credit check on him because of mine? Anyway, I am about to request a cca from them for him, so what do we do about making an offer of payments? Do we wait until they provide a copy of the cca or send token payments.

wait. they may not have anything.

hiya,

you shouldn't really halt payments until after the creditor has defaulted on the CCA request, so 12 working days from whence they receive it.

regards,

shane

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

• 3 weeks later...

CCA requests for mine and hubbies CC were sent and received by BCW/Apex (they can't seem to make up their mind which one they are when leaving messages) on 20th Dec. Today I have a letter concerning my account because I have not sent the second payment to them which was due on 21st Dec. Apparently this is my "final opportunity to make payment before it is passed over for possible legal action". Should I make this payment to keep them off my back until they try and produce the CCA?

Shazza

well the law states that you cant with hold payment until after the 12 working days are up so l would suggest that there 12 working days are up on the 7th January.

This is me taking out the following dates as they would be classed as bank holidays. 25th Dec, 26th Dec and 1st Jan.

If they do phone and you do answer the phone just ask them where your CCA request is and they normallythen stall and start asking why you feel you have the rite in one of those.

My favorite response is to say as that is my legal right.

Chrissi

well the law states that you cant with hold payment until after the 12 working days are up so l would suggest that there 12 working days are up on the 7th January.

Do you count Saturdays and Sundays. ? They are obviously 'working' days for these people because I get phone calls from my bank at weekends.

Pete.

Well the working days are actually Monday to Friday.

The only difference to this is Bank holidays and christmas day boxing day and new years day the working week does not include weekends .

It does not matter if a company closes daown for 2 weeks. I read on a previous thread that l cant find ATM that these are the only days that are not counted. All thought it did not state on the thread if Good Friday is aslo not counted.

I no ppl work on these days but they are not counted as working days especially as the new laws came in over the bank holidays.

Chrissi

The letter I received yesterday was dated 2 Jan, today I have another dated 3 Jan letting me know that my payments have fallen into arrears and my account is being assessed by their business support solicitors.

Enforcement proceedings will commence once the evaluation is complete.

It goes on to say they will consider a voluntary arrangement for a further seven days from the date of the letter.

So, the 12 + 2 days is up on Mon 7 Jan, should I pay the payment I have missed so as not to give them anything to go on while I wait for the CCA?

Have also received a letter about hubbies cc from same company but I will start a new thread on his so it doesn't get confusing.

Shazza