Sky Compatibility

dar£n
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Never heard of being done yet

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

since when did a Nokia Freeview box have a Screw in LBA port such as the like that virgin and Sky use??? Nokia only as an Antena in. Perhaps you could clarify Paul as I would be very interested in your Input??

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Since when Did nokia make cable /Sky Boxes then?????????

go on ebay and type in Nokia Dbox, then come back and see what you find

you will see one with the title below,without posting the link to the page

NOKIA DBOX SATELLITE TV D-BOX DBOX D BOX DEBUG MODE

since around 2000 i believe

oh and heres the link Find NOKIA DBOX SATELLITE TV D-BOX DBOX D BOX DEBUG MODE on eBay within Digital Receivers, Satellite Boxes Receivers, Satellite Cable Freeview, Consumer Electronics (end time 14-Nov-07 21:10:27 GMT)

so i will await the apology then;)

compatable with HDTV in which is what this post refers to?????

You dont have to pm curly to help you out surely Paul?

Andy

Daz wanted to know if a Telewest HD receiver was compatible with sky. no mention of if he wanted the couple of HD channels that Sky currently offer

so the Dbox Will cover all his needs unless he specifically wants HD, however the New Dbox i understand is HD compatible

I rest my case M,lord

Regards

Andy

So a reciever designed to recieve cable signals from Virgin can actualy work with frequencys from a Mini Dish fed by Sky (who cant transmit cable signals) Im interested ??

Ill check with Virgin and get back to you shortly

Your Knowledge about everything is truley amazing

Regards

Andy

So a reciever designed to recieve cable signals from Virgin can actualy work with frequencys from a Mini Dish fed by Sky (who cant transmit cable signals) Im interested ??

Ill check with Virgin and get back to you shortly

Your Knowledge about everything is truley amazing

Regards

Andy

Andy

What are you going on about?

the answer i have posted is as follows

A Nokia Dbox will receive Sky channels, they (Nokia ) also produce a cable version, (i know because i had one)

what i have said and posted a link to the ebay auction itsself is that the box Dazwants to use is not compatible but a NOKIA D BOX is and would solve his problems

why are you having difficulty in understanding this

regards

paul

yes but daz wanted to know could is Virgin Box work with Sky Dish to obtain Sky HDTV I replied No that was the answer.Why you find you have to undermine everbodys answers here on CAG I dont know?

So as daz has not got a Nokia Box your reply which was not needed seems irrelevent would you not agree?

Thats my point

Andy

well then we will agree to disagree on that point. im sure daz will take note of the points raised and make his own judgment. BTW i did agree with you in the first post i made;)

with regards to undermining i find that comment unnecessary and rather offensive.

if correcting incorrect information is undermining then i guess i do, however we both know it is not!!!!!!!!

poor and half baked advice is damaging to peoples defences dont you agree?

i dont proclaim to know everything as you seem to think, i merely post on areas i do know about.

you find me a post in the holiday forums that i have made? or the utilities forum ? you wont because i dont!!!

regards

paul

Buzby

I didnt mention Nokia paul did.I said from post 2 It cant be done as you have just said the same. Thanks for clarifying our little dissagreement

Regards

Andy

Paul's answer was correct insofar as a Cable box wont decode satellite signals and vice-versa. Mention of the Nokia just muddied the water! (Is it true you can make calls on them too?) :)

Hi Raymond

Thanks for that, the Cable box is definatley a non starter for satalite purposes

however, while not widely known here in the uk (nor apparently by Andyorch either)

Nokia made a box in Germany that was able to decode all cable channels and they also made a box for satalite channels

they are excellent boxes and can be connected to a pc so you can record onto your harddrive and also play movies from your pc on your tv and it can do a whole host of other things apart from making phone calls

that was my suggestion for Daz if he wanted a cheap alternative

regards

paul

Does anyone know if a Telewest HDTV cable receiver can be 'rigged' to receive sky tv? [through a mini dish]

Dar£n asked a question, Andyorch said NO why has it become so complicated. Nokia box was then brought in Why ?

The answer was NO.

Please Click My Scales,Thank You very much

Buzby

I didn't mention Nokia paul did.I said from post 2 It cant be done as you have just said the same. Thanks for clarifying our little disagreement

Regards

Andy

You're actually both right - it was simply that Paul was offering an alternative solution (ish) and I have to admit to being guilty of this when it appears my alternative is do-able with the original kit! War over... hugs all round! :oops:

Hello Paul,

You said you used to have one of these Nokia D Boxes. As you suggested I had a look on ebay. It mentions Debug, just for my information what does debug mean as regards to these boxes.

In addition, who would I pay my fee to for receiving the service and how many channels would I receive?

Thank you &Regards, ML

Hi ML,

TO be honest, im not sure, they can work as free view boxes or if connected to a sat feed they will cover sat but you would need a subscription and to pay a fee

im not sure on what debug means but i know you can upgrade the software in the box,maybe thats what it means? not sure,

my box was used to allow me to play AVI files on my tv through a link cable, that was what i used it for, but i know h they have many many other applications

Regards

paul

Thanks anyway Paul I just thought with you having such a machine that you maybe know the in's and out's of them.

Anyway one of our squaddies on the site may have the tech knowledge about Debug on these machines, it's just to my mind to have a Debug facillity on them they must be bugged in the first place and why ?

Regards ML