Cooper Vs Halifax... Claim Started

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Great site... extremely helpful

Started claim process against Halifax with Account Charges request on 14th June... received statements for last six years yesterday... will be requesting refund of £689 tomorrow.

One question... what are the chances of Halifax closing your account and asking for immediate settlement of overdrafts etc? I have multiple accounts with them and a credit card and this account in question is the only one I have faced any significant charges on.

Sorry if this question has been answered somewhere else before, but couldn't locate it in the FAQ section

Thanks

It's unlikely but not unheard of for a bank to close the account and demand payment of the overdraft. Does the amount you are claiming for cover the overdraft and do you have parachute accounts set up?

Just the FAQ’s ma'am. Please read 'em thoroughly before jumping in. Cheers :)

Find all the letters under the rainbow here

Being a man, I am always right (however I will make no admission of liability if you have misinterpreted my instructions!! :) ) If you are in any doubt, then consult a professional. All opinions offered on this site are just that, and should not be taken as legal advice.

Halifax - £1400 reclaimed. Now on a crusade to help others!

Hi thanks for the quick response...

... no the claim wouldn't cover the overdraft and yes, I would have trouble covering it from other sources!

... in terms of parachute accounts... not yet, but will be doing that in the next couple of days