About time DMD had a "proper" username?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The way "diskmandave" came about, to cut a long story short... Back in the late '90s when Yahoo acquired eGroups I had to think of a nick' for the first time and to be quite honest, then is the same now in as much as I don't care who knows who I am!!! Anyway, I needed a nick' as my full name wasn't PC!

Frantically looking around the room where i'm sat to this day, not non stop I might add, my eye came across a floppy disk(ette) on the table and thus we had diskman (i've always been really inventive!)... Then come late 2004 having been served for 6 glorious years with the diskman handle cometh the start of my poker years, and the need for a handle with at least 8 letters... And so forth, diskmandave was born (there's inventive again)!!! :rolleyes:

Now that Yahoo and the old poker fads have long since faded it's time to have a proper username for the first time!! :grin: So if you lot will indulge me, i'ld like suggestions please! :-)

Will choose best on Saturday night!

edit: could we keep this sensible please!!! :-)

3 choices so far are....

• Kylander
  • Ordassan
  • FourLawn

All suggestions welcome! Will chose best on Saturday night... :cool:

Diskmandave - you are your username, or DMD. You can't change it now. You'll confuse the troops.

Also - all three alternative user names so far suck - to be frank.

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

Sorry, HC, that one is taken.... ()

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Sorry Rooster

Or is that only for the Weslh?

Yes, freaky - I said sheep.

:D

No you can't change your name. DMD maybe but certainly nothing different.

I changed my name recently to Veronica Ramsbottom cos OH got a car with a personalised plate VR and it is cheaper to change name than to buy personal plate;)

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Sorry Dave about the hijack, but I just have to say that I am:

at freaky

:p

hmm,

name changes hey, well my advice would be to turn Site Helper into Moderator ;)

let the campaign begin!!

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

Shane, you should be aware that if that were to happen, it would be a decision taken by administration and not as a result of any misguided "campaign".

A "campaign" would probably be counterproductive!

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

How about Rodney Trotter?

Then we could still call you Dave. :D

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Or in keeping with your present avatar, "White Tiger"

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Nah - I still think Diskmandave is it. We all know him for what he is. Why change?

I'll still call him Vimtoman.

:p