Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Looking for a bit of assistance. I moved into a rented flat on 20th April 2024. I viewed it on the 14th April. Before I moved into the flat, the letting agency provided me with an offer sheet, in said offer sheet I made a number of requests and conditions related to me progressing with assuming the tenancy. These were: 1. A professional clean of the flat prior to move in date. 2. The hob, shower glass and bathroom cabinet be replaced prior to move in date. These were all planned actions by the landlord when I viewed it. I could see the boxes for the hob and other items in the flat. I prepared to move in on the 20th April but none of the work mentioned in the offer sheet had been completed. The standard of the clean was abysmal - mouldy food left in the fridge, nothing wiped down, bathroom mouldy etc. The hob, shower glass and bathroom cabinet were also not installed. I decided to not officially move into the flat as it was not in a condition as promised, my partner lives relatively close by so I lived with her initially. It was only on the 24th April that the hob, shower glass and bathroom cabinet were installed. The cleaners visited again 2 weeks after move in date (3rd April) and attempted another clean of the flat. Again, it was a poor job. I resorted to cleaning the flat myself. I have numerous pictures of the things I identified during my clean and have sent this all to the letting agency. Because of the issues faced, I asked the letting agency that the rent be reduced for the initial month. Exactly halved - to represent the 2 weeks that I was not living at the property. The landlord and letting agency have responded by saying that they will be willing to accept 1 weeks rent as a deduction but not 2. My question is, am I in a strong position to insist on the 2 weeks rent returned or have I been fortunate that they have even offered a weeks rent as a deduction? I would like to insist on the 2 weeks. I have paid the 2 weeks only as my rent collection date passed 2 days ago. Thank you for any assistance. Any further relevant details required let me know and I will provide.
    • clarks are just like the rest of 'em. couldn't careless, your advantage here is it's not legally your car, the finance co. should be bought into play . as i think BF eluded too , or has in other threads, if dealer/finance co. dont sort it between themselves FOC to you, another option is to get it fixed then bill both for it, if they refuse, then a court claim is very simple and cheap option to recoup your losses. see where it goes. just musing. dx
    • Thanks for that. Much appreciated. I would have assumed they would have had contacts to do such work as well. I think it's just the general rubbish attitude from Arnold Clark as the amount of times the General Manager of the place was rude or kept referring to "it would have to come out of my margin" to fix issues. Like it was my fault. Oh well - Won't be buying anything from them again.
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

    • If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

      On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

      Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

      The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

      I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

      Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

      Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

      The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

      Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

      One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

      Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

      We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

      It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.


      OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
        • Like
  • Recommended Topics

Help with yes car credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I was looking for advice on where I stand with any claims against yes car credit , I was self employed and working in guernsey for a company yet was still sold PPI as they told me i would not get credit without it . I was also sold GAP and Warrenty insurance , My warrenty states any work done must be done at my local brance yet obviously this no longer exists. Any help with where to start would be most grateful.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking for advice on where I stand with any claims against yes car credit , I was self employed and working in guernsey for a company yet was still sold PPI as they told me i would not get credit without it . I was also sold GAP and Warrenty insurance , My warrenty states any work done must be done at my local brance yet obviously this no longer exists. Any help with where to start would be most grateful.


Hello Myofox,


Maybe the first thing to do is send a SAR, there is one kicking around the forum.


Get your info and while you are waiting, read around the different thread, they are full of information.


Once you get the info, you need to work out the amount you are reclaiming


Send you prelim letter asking for it back, giving 14 days


Send your letter before action , giving 14days


Report to fos to investigate or issue a county court claim.


There may be more issues, but these can be dealt with, if and when then occur.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to working out how much I can actually claim but cannot get my head round it


£450 mechanical breakdown cover

£545.00 Gap insurance cover

£1134.00 Payment protection insurance

£2129.90 total insurance premium cash price


£540.00 Less downpayment by customer

£1589.90 Shortfall by way of credit

£1171.54 Add interest

£2761.44 Balance payable

£3301.44 total amount payable

34.9 APR

48 months


I cannot sort out how much interest has been added on to my PPI Please stephen Hawkins help ME helpmm.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

I am coming to the end of my contract with Direct Auto Finance, I bought a Car from yes Car Credit in 2004 and now have 3 final payments to them so the end of March is my ast Payment.

I missed 1 payment through the whole process and suffered for that with charges and endless telephone hassle.


I was not told that the PPI was optional and that i had to have the PPI to sec ure the Car.

I have been paying #150.47 a month over 42 months.


Has anybody had success claiming back the PPI,Do i wait until have made my final Payment or do i just go ahead now.

What is the Process i should start with.

Any advice would be very helpful ths money would pretty much clear my outstanding Debt.

Mnay thanks Happyalf:)

Link to post
Share on other sites

myofox - I am currectly having a massive dspute with DAF and their not so friendly debt collecting agency DLC over an outstanding balance of unpaid PPi.

One thing I have found out from the other forum mentioned above is that the down payment - ie on your case the:

£540.00 Less downpayment by customer

should not have been a downpayment on the insurance side of the agreement and I was advised that this can help your case greatly if you are appealing against your agreement.

My name on that site is Ruth so you might find my thread on there where I am advised this by the helpers on this subject.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...