ARC Collection Agency

Nepal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I am in a very stressed situation because of the ARC Collection Agency.

Due to my recent accident i couldnt pay by overdraft, i did not receive any documents from my bank but they insist they sent it to me. I dont know what happened to them. Instead of contacting me again the bank decided to pass on my detail to this collection agency. i have contacted the bank and they say they can't do aything now.

I then contacted the Financial Ombudsman services and i am waiting for the bank to contact me (as advised by the FOS).

Where as the ARC are contacting me almost every day they are extremy rude and very intimediting. First day some one called me and shouted what is your christian name? I felt very intimediated. I have tried to explain my situation whenever they phone me but instead they would not let me speak but tell me to pay the money asap. Eveytime they phoned they would say the solicitor would now write to me and take legal actions.

I had a phone call yesteday evening arround 20:00hrs. this time the person on the other end was bit polite and i did explain him everything. He told me he will call next week to check with me the progress.

Suddenly i have been phoned today again demanding the money in a very rude and intimidating way. i am totally confused now.

Please can you advise me. Now I am scared to pick up the phone and after i speak to them i feel very scared.

Please advise

Hi, I have moved your thread to the Debt Collection Forum.

Regarding the phone calls DO NOT speak to these people over the phone. INSIST that everything is in writing. I would send ARC the following letter by recorded delivery http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html

Are there charges on this overdraft account and if so do you have any idea what percentage of the overdraft amount is made up of charges?

• Haha 1

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

First NEVER talk to these "people" on the phone as they will try and get you to agree to anything.

Before you even think about making any sort of acknowledgement or payment to a DCA you MUST ensure that they have the LEGAL right to collect the debt.

This is achieved by requesting a copy of the Signed, Executed Credit Agreement via a Consumer Credit Act (CCA) request.

There is a template letter to be found here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Letter N.

Is it important to start the letter:

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY in Big Bold letters.

It is best to send this request via recorded/special delivery as there are some important deadlines to observe.

After 12 WORKING days the "debt" is in default and stays that way until the request is complied with.

If a FURTHER month passes then the DCA has committed a summary criminal offence and the matter should be referred to Trading Standards for action once the DCA continues to demand payment.

I hope this clarifies some things.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

• 2 months later...

Hello There,

Please excuse me for posting my problem here but as I am new here I feel bit lost.

I will really appreciate if someone can help me with my problem. I was with Virgin Active gym on Platinum membership from past 2 Years. In February 2007 I had a fall and injured my left knee. Due to that I wanted to quit the gym and I rang them but I was told that I can’t terminate my membership at all even though if I am not using the gym I have to pay. I told them the reason but they didn't listen and insisted that I have to pay even if I don’t use the gym. I requested my bank to stop paying Virgin Active through direct debit. After numerous phone calls to Virgin Active I wrote them letters, but didn’t hear anything from them. They kept sending me letters for not receiving the money through direct debit I didn’t answer them. Finally on 10th of December 2007 I send them a letter through recorded delivery due to medical and personal reasons I am unable to join virgin active gym, I also attached the letter from my GP to prove that.

But still didn’t hear a thing from them. In Despair today on 21st of January, I rang them only to find out they haven't received any of my letters and they have passed my account to ARC Credit Management. When I asked the lady from Virgin active to tell me how much amount I owe them, she said she can’t tell me as ARC will have to add their charges as well and I have to speak to ARC Credit Management. I have ARC letters but I am too scared to open them they harass me on phone also. I am so affray to pick up the phone. I opened one of ARC Credit Management letter dated 06 Nov 2007 letter it says

Balance Current Arrears Due £149.85

Total Liability to end of contract £189.80

I don't get that at all and I am so scared to ring them and find out. The letter also says that they will pass my account to their solicitors, with instructions to issue proceedings in the county court.

I am very upset and don't know what to do. Please Please help me.

• 2 weeks later...