Default on Abbey loan account?

100ian

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I am new on this sitebut I need some advice on a problem I have.

5 years ago (June 2002) I paid the remainder off my loan off, or I thought I did, only to recieve a letter in feb 2006 to say I still owed them over £1500. Well I was flaberghasted, so I phoned them up. In fairness they looked into it sent me a letter a few days later (20/3/2006) saying "blah blah,full settlement of the loan and no further liability to yourself". Which was great.

Last month I applied for a morgtage, and was refused. This was a bit of a shock as I had a couple of things on credit, and never had a problem getting credit.

After looking at my credit report on Experian I fond that Abbey National had defaulted my loan on 07/04/2006, over 2 weeks after they had sent me a letter saying I owed nothing, and had no further liability.

Can anybody offer any advice on where I should go with this, and what to say to them to remove this default, as I think this is really unfair.:-?

many thanks

Ian

Dear XXX

FORMAL COMPLAINT UNDER THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 2006

SECTION 10 NOTICE Under the Data protection Act 1998

Important - Letter before action - Do not Ignore

On DATE, I agreed a full and final settlement with your company of all outstanding debts. The agreed payment was made on XXth.

It therefore came as quite a shock to me that on DATE you have amended my credit file to record a default on 07/04/2006, over two weeks after you sent a letter confirming that i owed no further amount (see enclosed copy). Please note, you did not send me a default notice.

Please regard this as a formal complaint. I request you send me an acknowledgement, and an outline of how you will handle this complaint.

Please also regard this as a notice under the data protection act to rectify this incorrect data. Failure to do so may result in legal action.

yours sincerly,

XXX.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

• 2 years later...
Hi all, I am new on this sitebut I need some advice on a problem I have.

5 years ago (June 2002) I paid the remainder off my loan off, or I thought I did, only to recieve a letter in feb 2006 to say I still owed them over £1500. Well I was flaberghasted, so I phoned them up. In fairness they looked into it sent me a letter a few days later (20/3/2006) saying "blah blah,full settlement of the loan and no further liability to yourself". Which was great.

Last month I applied for a morgtage, and was refused. This was a bit of a shock as I had a couple of things on credit, and never had a problem getting credit.

After looking at my credit report on Experian I fond that Abbey National had defaulted my loan on 07/04/2006, over 2 weeks after they had sent me a letter saying I owed nothing, and had no further liability.

Can anybody offer any advice on where I should go with this, and what to say to them to remove this default, as I think this is really unfair.:-?

many thanks

Ian

Hi Ian .

They have done the exact same thing to me .I paid a full and final settlement in 2005 and had a default put on my file some time later . I have made 3 legal requests for my original contract .and have only received a photo copy of an unenforcable consumer credit agreement which i had been sent after i had taken out the loan.The Abbey have also lied to the ICO and the Ombadsman about this matter. i am now collecting documentation from around 2003 / 05 as im now preparing to take this to a higher authority . do you have a copy of your original loan application/agreement ??

drop me a mail

regards

Gary

Dear XXX

FORMAL COMPLAINT UNDER THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 2006

SECTION 10 NOTICE Under the Data protection Act 1998

Important - Letter before action - Do not Ignore

On DATE, I agreed a full and final settlement with your company of all outstanding debts. The agreed payment was made on XXth.

It therefore came as quite a shock to me that on DATE you have amended my credit file to record a default on 07/04/2006, over two weeks after you sent a letter confirming that i owed no further amount (see enclosed copy). Please note, you did not send me a default notice.

Please regard this as a formal complaint. I request you send me an acknowledgement, and an outline of how you will handle this complaint.

Please also regard this as a notice under the data protection act to rectify this incorrect data. Failure to do so may result in legal action.

yours sincerly,

XXX.

They have done the exact same thing to me .I paid a full and finallink3.gif settlement in 2005 and had a default put on my file some time later . I have made 3 legal requests for my original contract .and have only received a photo copy of an unenforcable consumer credit agreement which i had been sent after i had taken out the loan.The Abbey have also lied to the Information Commissioner`s Office and the Ombadsman about this matter. i am now collecting documentation from around 2003 / 05 as im now preparing to take this to a higher authority .

Do you have a copy of your original loan application/agreement ?? as the abbey will not supply me with my original or a photo copy as they have lied about the format & information contained on the form ...they have actually said one never exsisted ,which is strange as they gave me the money

This would be most helpful

drop me a mail

Regards

Gary