Mobile Connections aka Dial a Mobile ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Basically Mob Connections signed my mum up to 2 more line rental contracts, she already had 2 at the time but with 3g and had no need for the orange ones. My mum never requested these despite the agent harassing her to do so.

Neither did she give expressed implied or written consent to be signed up to two more contracts (ironically with Orange, who now passed the 373 debt onto moorcroft debt recoveries ltd).

The way it happened is this rogue agent for mobile connections signed my mum onto the deal anyway. He obtained my mums bank details from previous records as we had a deal with them previously

. Meaning they illegally held onto my mums bank details for longer than was necessary for their requirements and illegally passed it onto orange for them to take dd out of my mums account (which she cancelled and got her money back.)

Now a point or two to note.

there was no service agreement involving my mum and orange

there is no service agreement for mobile connections aka dial a mobile ltd

to act as a third party to any deals other than the 3g ones my mum took out a couple of yrs ago.

orange can not produce a original copy of a contract between a) My mum and Orange b) Mobile conections ltd and Orange for my mum.

so c) Moorcroft are threatening to take court action over this debt; my mum has not, is not and will not pay for a service she has never wanted, activated, used or received.

should this go to court (as it is likely to do so; we've gotten trading standards and watchdog notified about this and tomo i'm going to the police station to file a complaint about unauthorised useage of my mums bank details, which is now in the wrong hands and may be subject to misuse).

I mean if there can be no contract showed, proven then there is no debt, right?

Also in our favour is that Mobile Connections ltd and Dial a Phone Ltd have been shut down by trading standard in Birmingham.

and my mums character record is also in favour at court...

so in summary

mum got signed up to dodgy deals which she declined to accept

bank details unauthorised were passed to orange from mob conn from a previous contract

we aint paid the bills and the debt has been passed onto moorcroft recoveries ltd

orange are understanding but moorcroft want proof that the phones were sent back which my mum aint got

but there is information on orange computer syustems that they recieved a call from mobile connections saying they recived the phones back..

I mean if there can be no contract showed, proven then there is no debt, right?

Sadly no, your contract can be 'virtual' and exists online. I agree it is totally unsatisfactory, but these days no signature is the norm, rather than them having to be one in every case. However, it is usually taken that the contract is ONLY confirmed when the subscriber has the money taken from their account. If this was done prior to the current contract that is disputed, then she'll need to show that the firm had taken those earlier payments and then misused the data.

Also in our favour is that Mobile Connections ltd and Dial a Phone Ltd have been shut down by trading standard in Birmingham.and my mums character record is also in favour at court...

Again no. They were not shut by Trading Standards, it was their bank who foreclosed on them due to the clawback of cashback revenue from the networks. I don't know how your mum's character record can help (is there such a thing?) If it goes to court she'll be afforded every opportunity to put her side of the case and explain how the firm abused her trust.

moorcroft want proof that the phones were sent back which my mum aint got

but there is information on orange computer syustems that they recieved a call from mobile connections saying they recived the phones back..

All this is here-say - and will not be entertained by the court. After all, how can you say you know what is on Orange's systems and what they said to third parties? The easy way for this to be resolved is to get Orange to tell their agency (or for them to ask) that they have a note that the phones were returned. This also shows when returning anything, always keep your own receipts, NEVER trust anyone, as her entire defence could be based on this.

have been advised by trading standards that if it does go to court there can be no proven contract between my mum and 3.

have emailed watchdog explianing the matter

have spoken to the bank who said theyll send out a strong worded letter to Orange.. should they persist with this matter i'll start proceedings against them for harassment.

this matter has caused my mummy dearest great upset, she couldn't sleep all last night and it greatly upset and worried by this matter. i'm goign to take her to the doccy tomo and explain the matter. fingers crossed hey..

so trading standards = no contract can be proven Tf no way they'll win if we go to court. I'll go there witha few surprises of my own as well ;) lol

apparently it was some indian bloke who rang up orange and lloyds to confirm the bank details... mofo

all firther proof that my mummy is totally onnocent and not a penny should be or will be paid to Orange

You've never actually said how she obtained any of her handsets, however the Trading Standards person is wrong, networks do not need a 'proven contract' to enforce it. Usage and payment for service is all that is required. As for proceedings for harassment, this is expensive and difficult to prove, there's no equivalent to Small Claims to undertake this - you'll need a solicitor.

I'm not wanting to dampen your enthusiasm, but it is not going to be a slam dunk to prove. It would be much easier to get them to investigate the matter informally and provide you with their findings that the contract exists, however you'll have to do this AS your mum, as they won't do this for third parties, even family.

Trading Standards are worse than wrong in relation to this! They are giving out some questionable advice in relation to the whole Dial A Mobile and cash back issue and are even going as far as appearing on national TV to say it, Watchdog, BBC News, Working Lunch and others from the look of it.

On the back of the below advice loads of people affected by Dial A Mobile and other cash back dealers are now saying you have to prove a paper contract was in existence before the debt becomes enforceable and are arguing they weren't aware of a contract with the network.

There is Birmingham Trading Standards website below:

Mobile Connections and Dial a Mobile Ltd.

The networks are just letting their automated collections process run from postings on other forums, with all of the fun this means for the credit files of those affected.

• 9 months later...

Updates For Customers Claiming Handset Subsidies And Cancelling Without Unfair Charges.

Hi All Peace Mercy and Blessings be on to you.

The Claim (mobile connections customers) http://www.gushussain.co.uk/Public/LegalPart.pdf

Orange had turned down adjudication for all Cisas Applications with the comments 'application submitted out of date'.

Over the last few weeks the independent appeal panel had looked at the comments of Orange and my submissions. They decided that every case I had submitted was indeed valid and the adjudication to proceed.

The Defence (Orange) http://www.gushussain.co.uk/Public/Defence.pdf

The Decision (Cisas) http://www.gushussain.co.uk/Public/Decision.pdf

The Complaint (Gus) http://gushussain.co.uk/Public/Complaint.pdf

Suggestion: Signed up through Mobile Connections for Cashback: I would ask that if issuing a Cisas Complaint consider allowing me to file it for you, that I can request to Cisas to consider not appointing the concerned neutral person as adjudicator.

Anyone wishing to contact me for suggestions and guidance is most welcome. You should contact Mark and Mohammed in the first instance.

Peace

• 1 month later...

Latest Update on Complaint to Cisas - Further to the above post.

It has been said by the Managing Director for Cisas that the the matter to be sent for Second Adjudication and that the same Adjudicator is to to make any findings. I had been given 7 days to issue a response to defence for the second adjudication.

If you would like to read what I have written please use this link:

Response to Defence Second Adjudication (Gus) http://gushussain.co.uk/Public/R2D.pdf

Peaceful Regards

Gus Hussain