Law Of Contract

calvi36

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I haven't been on for a while as I started a wee business.

Need some advice on this one.

Entered into contract with a web design and web optimisation company. They stated they would raise the page rankings on google. They did this as I have just found out by what is called back linking to other sites, most from Eastern Europe. I paid them £600 for the optimisation not knowing what was involved at all. It now turns out that google have blacklisted our site as it contravenes their terms and conditions.

I think I have recourse against the optimisation company, LTD but trading less than 3 years.

Anyone any ideas?

I can probably help with this, it might be a little complex and it's late. But first I need to know a few things:

1. What did you agree with the company in terms of the work that they would perform, and what contractual promises did they make? (We need to be specific here. PageRank is a specific Google expression/term and does not necessarily mean the same as the position you get returned at for a given search term). Did you agree, for instance, specific search words or phrases to target (e.g. if you sell shoes, then "fashion shoes")

2. How do you know about the 'back linking'; can you summarise the work that was performed in terms of the changes made to your web site (for example, changes to the text/copy, meta tags, keywords, links in and out and so forth) and any other satellite sites (linking to yours) that were set up?

3. How do you know Google have "blacklisted" your website - do you have this in writing from Google, or, has the site simply dropped off the rankings and this is a presumption?

4. Has your website recently moved hosting company or been down for any period of time?

Thanks,

Mark