Asset Link underhanded CCJ attempt

Kris4Fizz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi CAG members,

Here's an interesting one for you and I'd appreciate any advice. I'll outline the case and then explain further.

Debt owed for £XXXX pounds, Asset Link wrote a single letter to both myself and my ex partner regarding the debt. On or around March April 2007

I asked for CCA, unfortunately on the phone, naive of me at the time, they asked for 6 Signatures and a copy of my passport which I said they aren't entitled to.

About a week or so later I have a court document through the post from the Bulk Claim Center at Northhampton County Court.

I then filled out and sent it off making an offer to pay £XXXX of the total, which was turned down, I was then offered to agree to a tomlin order for £XXX per month till the debt was paid, I agreed and signed the paper work and sent it back the Asset Link.

Then nothing for almost 2 months, I then contacted Asset Link for the bank details so I can pay the debt, they sent the details through the post and they arrived at the end of July.

I set up standing order referencing both me and my ex partner. This has now been running for the last 4 months.

My ex partner has contacted me saying that she has just received a default CCJ for the same amount of the debt, by Asset Link claiming the same full amount from her.

We both sent of the relevant court claim document things to Asset Link back in April May, when the Tomlin order was offered after that, which was signed and so forth.

The Northhampton court have told my partner that she can't challenge the default CCJ, I have to disagree. I say we should challenge it and explain to the court that a Tomlin Agreement was entered into and that the debt is being paid, therefore there is no need to claim the court action.

What shall we do from here? Should I instruct a solicitor?

Asset Link have been rude, evasive, downright liars and underhanded in the way this has been dealt with, never sending documents when asked for and always sending threats with pre dated letters so you think you have 1 day to respond to them.

I would like to challenge these clowns in court for the way they have treated both of us.

I appreciate any advice!

Hi Kris

Sorry I don't have any advice to give you but I'm definitely with you when it comes to how rude they are :mad: . I was just about to post a letter to them complaining about their staff. I offered to make payment that I can afford which was rejected & considered unacceptable & the only advice they gave me was that I have to go to Freedom Finance to get a loan (get me into more debt!!) & they say they will take me to court.