Credit Security ltd & Wescott

ianandemma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6003 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I received a letter from Wescott on 21st August regarding some money BT say i owe them.

I wrote to BT on 27th September with the following letter -

RE – BT Account - xxxxxxxx

Letter sent recorded delivery on 27th September 2007

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am writing to you to dispute the amount you claim I owe. I have been to my local citizens advice bureau and they have advised me to write to you to request you breakdown the costs you have associated with my old account.

I have been through a time of great hardship recently this is why I have not been in touch with you sooner.

I look forward to hearing from you soon so we can resolve the account. Please respond to me in writing to the above address.

Yours Faithfully,

I then receive a letter back from BT saying they have tried contacting me by phone without success.

They have not answered my letter and have not provided me with details of the money they say i owe them in writing.

I received the BT reply on 10th October.

I then received a letter from Credit securrity Ltd dated 05 Oct 07 and it states they will consider taking me to court and i may get a CCJ.

Please can you tell me what i should write to the DCAs to explain they need to hold off and that i will only deal with BT as the account is in dipute.

Thanks

Ian

I would write to the DCA informing them that the account is in dispute with BT and that you are awaiting a breakdown of the account from BT. I would also remind them of the OFT guidelines on debt collection guideance and that is considered an unfair practice to pursue someone while an account is in dispute and that you do not expect to here from them again while the account is in dispute.

I would also send an official complain to BT and once again ask them for a breakdown of the account.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.