Chantry Collection

lowrider
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anyone else has dealt with this company?

They seem to deal with pay day advances debt.

Which is my case.

But they at first try bully boy tactics and seem to be down right dishonest.

They have sent letter to myself with a 7 day limit in them,but the franking mark clearly states there was a delay of almost three weeks,or they were simply lying.

They sent the first letter to myself but to an old adress then once they found this out after they called me resent the same letter with the older date on but to my new address.

They ignore letters asking why this has happened and just repeat threats.

They say payments have not been recieved then ignore letters from myself asking if they could confirm so i may chase who cashed the payment.

I could go on and on.:-x

Any feed back would be of use as i find my blood pressure rises every time i have to deal with this company

Which Payday advance company are they acting for?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I've not heard of them, I thought it might be PoundsTillPayday who operate out of Malta believe it or not. They tend to use UK debt collectors to act on their behalf.

However, I assume you have a repayment arrangement with Chantry and there is a dispute about missing payments? How did you make these payments - by sending them a cheque, or do you pay by DD? I also assume there will be huge penalty charges for non repayment on time - if so you should be looking into claiming them back.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

It is more about the way they seem to use false dates and post over weekends etc as well as being so arrogant and/or stupid in there dealings with paper work.

To date there has been no charges,simply because i keep records.

But they could produce a letter as proof that they had mailed me in any court case,even though they are lying through there back teeth as the franking date proves.:-x

That sort of underhand behaviour.

But i was wondering if other had problems with them.

For example when they first called me they used security questions,post code was one.

Then three calls in they discover that they have my old addy and post code.

Then got stoppy when i raised the question of just how good was there security when they couldn't get the basics right.

There are many examples of just such things i could mention.

Forgot to say,they are based in Wakefield.:x

Might be a good idea to contact Trading Standards and let them know how they are operating.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

If I have been helpful please fee free to tip my scales

• Haha 1

Please keep us updated as to how you get on.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

• 1 year later...

Many thanks for your help. I have been looking on the Internet for them without sucess. Are they known as another name do you know?

They are a nightmare to get hold of and are not very nice people

Hiya, I believe I can be of some assistance with this particular company. They are indeed the DCA for Albermarle and Bond. They are the in house DCA for this firm with the same registered offices in Bristol (rather like Mercers and Barclaysharks). Chantry operate out of a PO box (how do these firms do that?) in Wakfield and some of the Albermarle and Bond head office paperwork also comes with a Wakefield address on it). As with many of their type - fairly standard nonsense to begin with (including a beautiful postcard advising me they will be calling to discuss the debt) then more reasonable when you stand up to them. Currently waiting for their next unreasonable move. I have to say although not great I have come across worse. Phone number is as per Evil Scotsman's post (whocallsme.com is a truly superb site!). There are a couple of 0844 numbers (don't use them) and email addresses ([email protected] should get you a response). Hope this helps - stick with your plan and they should eventually be reasonable.

MJC 007.5 :cool:

Advice or opinions offered by mjc 007.5 are personal, offered in good faith and without prejudice or liability. Your decisions and actions are your own and should you be in any doubt then please seek the opinion of a fully qualified and insured professional

:) If you think I have helped you please feel free to click on my scales :)