• Tweets

• HI   Ah that little lets downgrade it to a Stage 1 Complaint so it looks like wee dealt with it properly if the Regulator looks at our books/files.   It's a tactic Housing Association use even my own recently tried that and I refused to let them get away with it.   So you respond to the Customer Service Manager NOT BY PHONE unless you can record the call.   To Customer Service Manager   Following our telephone conversation on XX/XX/2021 reference my Formal  Complaint you informed me that my Complaint was being dealt with as a Stage 1 Complaint.   I find this unacceptable as this Complaint was made via T&C online Portal with Acknowledgement receipt from T%C of my Complaint in July 2021 and T&C have now only decided to deal with this after I recently had to Hand Deliver (16th Sept 2021) that Complaint to your Office which is  unacceptable.   Therefore T&C have had from July 2021 to resolve this Complaint as per your own Stage 1 Complaint procedure and I quote:   Stage 1: Your complaint will be allocated to a member of staff who will contact you within 2 working days to discuss your complaint and understand the problem. We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days, but sometimes investigations can take longer. In this case we’ll let you know, keep you updated and agree a timescale for our response with you. As the above has not been carried out and was only acted upon as previously stated when I hand delivered  my Complaint again on 16th Sept 2021 to your Office this is not a Stage 1 Complaint as T&C have Failed to carryout the above Stage 1 Complaint Procedure since July 2021 therefore my Complaint should be Escalated to a Stage 2 Complaint as per your own Complaints Procedure. If T%C refuse to escalate this Complaint to Stage 2 I require full Clarification as to why.        
    • Hi guys, I have recently found this website and have been reading a lot regarding Hermes scandals. Thanks a lot to all the people running and supporting this forum. Doing lord's work. Here is my case, hope I can get some help. On 07/08/2021, I used Hermes service to ship my laptop however the laptop never reached its intended destination.  On 16/08/2021, I had a chat with their representative over the phone to get an update on the situation. I was told they will start a brief investigation to find my laptop. After a long wait, on 14/09/2021, it was confirmed that my laptop was indeed lost. On 25/09/2021, I filled in the compensation form.  On 27/09/2021, I received compensation of £20 + postage of £5.80. On 28/09/2021, I asked them to review their compensation and reimburse me in full. (Formal complaint) The laptop was purchased on 02/08/2021 priced at £1049. Do have a PayPal invoice for it. I did not use Hermes insurance as I didn't have any trouble with their deliveries in the past. The parcel was declared as a laptop. I have prepared a letter of claim to send them as soon as they reject my request to pay in full. Few questions, I couldn't find answers about: Do i need to send email to Hermes with letter of claim or post? Next steps: Wait for formal complaint's response..  Submit letter of claim, wait 2 weeks, then register and issue complain on money claim county court website? Hope i can get some feedback on my letter of claim.   Letter of claim1.pdf
    • See all resources available if you would like to become an apprentice in Coventry.View the full article
    • Funny you should mention it-I have today got a letter from the court telling me the judge's comments 'there is no record of an email of 23 July 2021 with the Help With Fees application' 'the Help With Fees code was not generated until either 21 April 2021 or 18 August 2021 and so cannot have been included in an email sent on 23 July 2021'.  'If you want to set aside the order of 2 Aug 2021(I assume that's the one that no-one vhas received,vacating the case) you must make an N244 application  and pay the fee of £255 or submit a Help With Fees application'.   They don't even know when the code was generated and have no idea whether this was before or after the email was sent to them...    
    • The US carmaker vows to "lead America's shift to electric vehicles" with largest ever factory.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Help

daviesmum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to everyone

Where do I begin ?. On behalf of my son I successfully reclaimed his bank charges back from RBOS. He then decided to open a new account with Abbey National and set up all his direct debits to come of his new account. Everyone of them was transferred successfully except his bank loan with RBOS. Abbey advised him that to ensure the money went through in time for his loan he should change the payment date from the 1st of the month to the 5th but when he phoned RBOS to do this they said that because he was changing the payment date he would need to pay two months up front. He could not afford to do this. Then the saga begun the payment was late he incurred a charge the loan wasn't paid and it has just gone on and on from there. He stopped paying any money into the account,he tried to close the account and was told that he couldn't because he owed them money and so every month another charge is added on. At present he has asked that the outstanding payments be added to his loan over the term but the only way they will agee to this is if he adds on the charges as well (£445) can anyone please advise me what my next step should be.

very worried

Daviesmum :-( :-( :-(

Do you have the terms and conditions which state that they can ask for two months up front to change the payment date? This might qualify as an unfair term in consumer contracts.

written entirely without prejudice to my whole rights and pleas in law and may not be founded upon in any proceedings.:lol:

Seems RBOS like to play silly beggars when it comes to direct debits. I've been trying to get them to take my loan and mortgage payments out of my new Lloyds account for the past two months. Instead, they seem to prefer to try to take them out of my old RBOS account which has no money going in, presumably to add charges to the max. I don't think the judge is going to be too pleased with them if I have to take things all the way.

I reckon it's mostly sheer incompetance and screwy IT systems that are to blame- "computer he say no"!!!!

written entirely without prejudice to my whole rights and pleas in law and may not be founded upon in any proceedings.:lol:

First off, I would cancel all the direct debits on the old account because if there is no money going into the account then each month you'll incur a charge if there are insufficient funds. Secondly, I would phone the bank and tell them you will make a manual payment on time each month for the loan (from the new account or by debit card) until this matter is sorted. Thirdly, because you attempted to do the right thing and change the payment dates in the first place to avoid this very thing happening explain to RBOS that you do not accept their charges nor do you accept the fact that 2 payments would have to be made and you require precise details on where in the contract it stipulates that 2 months payment would be required under the circumstances. As a last resort, and it may be a case of calling their bluff, you could attempt to use the Direct Debit Guarantee scheme rules with RBOS and tell them because THEY contributed to the due date failure then you are covered under the scheme and as such you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of monies wrongly taken from your account (i.e. charges, and so on). The last option would definately be "chancing it" although if you can fight your corner strongly enough and make THEM believe it was all their fault you could have the charges cleared there and then!. Here's hoping!