Google Earth Hidden Flight Sim!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Download the latest version of Google Earth if you don't already have it - that's "version 4.2". You can get it free for PC and Mac at Google Earth.

Load up Google Earth as usual, click on the globe, and hold down CTL + ALT + A. This will bring up a dialog box allowing you to choose a plane, and a runway ... and get flying! If you have a Mac, press Apple + Option + A.

It's been discovered that some PCs require you to hold down CTL + WINDOWS + A instead of what we have above - so if it doesn't work first time, try the alternative keys.

The plane can be controlled by the keyboard. The full controls can be found at http://earth.google.com/intl/en/nIt also works with mouse, joystick or plug-in joypad, like the one we used on the show.

Once you've activated it, the Flight Sim can be entered and exited through the Flight Simulator option in the TOOLS menu, allowing you to change plane and airport.

These are the keys you need to fly :

Flight Simulator Keyboard Controls

These are various keyboard combinations that you can use with the flight simulator features of Google Earth. To enter the flight simulator mode, press Ctrl + Alt + A ( + Option + A on the Mac). Once you have entered flight simulator mode for the first time, you can re-enter the mode by choosing Tools > Enter Flight Simulator. To leave flight simulator mode, click Exit Flight Simulator in the top right corner or press Ctrl + Alt + A (+ Option + A on the Mac).

The following keystrokes control navigation and other aspects of the flight simulator. You can also control the aircraft with a mouse or joystick. To disable or enable mouse controls, left click (single click on a Mac). Once mouse controls are active, the pointer shape changes to a cross on your screen.

Exit flight simulator Ctrl + Alt + A, Escape + Option + A, Escape Exits flight simulator mode.

Open flight simulator options Ctrl + Alt + A + Option + A Opens the flight simulator dialog box.

Rotate pilot viewpoint Arrow keys + Alt (slow) or Ctrl (fast) Arrow keys + Alt (slow) or Ctrl (fast) Moves the viewpoint in the direction of the arrow.

Display flight simulator help Ctrl + H - Opens this flight simulator keyboard commands page.

Increase thrust Page Up Page Up -

Reduce thrust Page Down Page Down -

Aileron left Left arrow Left arrow -

Aileron right Right arrow Right arrow -

Elevator push Up arrow Up arrow -

Elevator pull Down arrow Down arrow down -

Rudder left Insert Shift + left arrow -

Rudder right Enter (numeric keypad) Enter (numeric keypad) -

Rudder left Shift + left arrow Shift + left arrow -

Rudder right Shift + right arrow Shift + right arrow -

Elevator trim nose down Home Home -

Elevator trim nose up End End -

Elevator trim nose down Shift + up arrow Shift + up arrow -

Elevator trim nose up Shift + down arrow Shift + down arrow -

Reduce flap setting Left bracket Left bracket -

Increase flap setting Right bracket Right bracket -

Reduce flap setting Shift + F Shift + F -

Increase flap setting F F -

Center aileron and rudder 5 5 -

Center aileron and rudder C C -

Extend/retract landing gear G G Only works if landing gear is retractable on current aircraft

Left wheel brake , (comma) , (comma) -

Right wheel brake . (period) . (period) -

Pause simulation Space Space -

Toggle HUD H H -

Happy flying!

• Haha 1

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

This is really good, just flown from Heathrow to Newcastle

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Lol. . . you will playing with that all night now. .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Bump for those who missed it.

WARNING TO ALL

Bump

WARNING TO ALL

• 1 year later...

Yaaaaaay I'm flying

Oooops crashed :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Thought it was just a boy's toy but this is fun....:D

Thanks UK

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

I don't need a simulator...... Just a Mars Bar and I can fly round the ceiling for hours! :D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Failing a Mars Bar, A few chocolate biscuits would be just as good.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Sleep tight

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thought it was just a boy's toy but this is fun....:D

Thanks UK

It is fun. With the maps on there you should be able to fly over your house..

WARNING TO ALL

It is fun. With the maps on there you should be able to fly over your house..

I do that every time I take a trip to USA, often think it's a pity they don't supply parachutes on 747s & I needn't bother with the airport at all! :grin:

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.