Jump to content


mdoyle V Halifax


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Hi ya'll,

 

Thought i'd start my own thread to keep track of 'proceedings'!!!

 

so far -

 

7th June - sent letter asking for statements going back 6 years

19th June - recieved statements total £1327 charges

20th June - sent letter asking for full refund via recorded delivery

21st June - item signed for by Halifax

22nd June - recieved standard 'i am sorry to learn of your concerns etc etc' letter

28th June - offer of £100!!!!

 

update - 28th June, Rang Halifax customer relations to speak with Alan Molineux who made the offer of £100 to ask where i send the rejection letter to, was put through to a Mr John Thornton who asked me the reason for the call and then told me that they would not be refunding the full amount of £1327, but could offer £300 as a gesture of good will, i again refused this offer.

He told me that my comments had been noted and i would recieve a letter stating Halifax's position in this matter, he advised me that i can then choose to take what ever action i see appropriate.

 

To which i replied ' that is very kind of you, i will write to you on 4th July giving you a further 14 days to consider my request before filing a claim for the full ammount which will at this time also include interest'

 

he gave a big sigh and we ended the call there.

 

 

update - 5th July - letter before action sent

 

update - 20th July - moneyclaim filed

 

 

 

will post updates as and when they happen.............

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good stuff - stick with it! :)

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Luck with yours! I've just filed a small claim against the Halifax for the first part of my claim!

Alliance and Leicester -

£306 - settled in full!

Halifax -

£1600 + interest + fees -

27/06/06 - 1st Small Claim initiated for

£704 + £217 + interest + £39 Costs

01/08/06 - cheque received for £965

28/09/06 - 2nd Small Claim initiated for

£950 inc int + costs

05/10/06 - settlement letter received- awaiting cheque!

Standby for 3rd claim!:)

Barclaycard -

17/06/06 - Data Protection Act letter sent

03/10/06 - Statements rec'd £525 charges!

04/10/06 - 1st letter sent for refund

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If nothing else, that offer is amusing :-D

Alliance and Leicester -

£306 - settled in full!

Halifax -

£1600 + interest + fees -

27/06/06 - 1st Small Claim initiated for

£704 + £217 + interest + £39 Costs

01/08/06 - cheque received for £965

28/09/06 - 2nd Small Claim initiated for

£950 inc int + costs

05/10/06 - settlement letter received- awaiting cheque!

Standby for 3rd claim!:)

Barclaycard -

17/06/06 - Data Protection Act letter sent

03/10/06 - Statements rec'd £525 charges!

04/10/06 - 1st letter sent for refund

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

update - 28th June, Rang Halifax customer relations to speak with Alan Molineux who made the offer of £100 to ask where i send the rejection letter to, was put through to a Mr John Thornton who asked me the reason for the call and then told me that they would not be refunding the full amount of £1327, but could offer £300 as a gesture of good will, i again refused this offer.

He told me that my comments had been noted and i would recieve a letter stating Halifax's position in this matter, he advised me that i can then choose to take what ever action i see appropriate.

 

To which i replied ' that is very kind of you, i will write to you on 4th July giving you a further 14 days to consider my request before filing a claim for the full ammount which will at this time also include interest'

 

he gave a big sigh and we ended the call there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no real need to wait until 4th July in this case - they won't offer any more, so LBA 'em! :)

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Link to post
Share on other sites

i have a claim going thru with Halifax and sent off my LBA letter, speaking to them on the phone and the letter i have recieved they have made it quite clear they wont be paying out the full ammount, i was just wondering if i HAVE to wait the full 14 days or can i just put the claim in now??

 

regards

 

martin

 

MOD: Please do not start a new thread when you have a question.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the opinion is split on this one. If they made it clear then you can go for it now. However in the big scheme what is another 10 days just to wait, and if and a big if, it went to Court it would be seen as being very reasonable.

 

It's up to you really but it you must then send another letter stating "as you have made it clear that you do not intend to pay then I will issue a claim in 5 days" i.e split the difference.

Egg Data Protection Act Statements arrived. On hold.

 

Halifax - Moneyclaim £3100

 

Amex to Remove Default - acknowledged didn't issue correct documents - default removed :) . £135 paid in full without Court

 

I'm on a roll now :rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, you do have to, so as to show a judge that you gave them reasonable time to respond satisfactorily. The CPR give 28 days from raising 1st request to lodging claim as a reasonable time. I'm afraid you'll just have to chomp at the bit a little bit longer, lol!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...