• Tweets

• Thanks once again dx! Your advice is greatly appreciated. I think you forgot the bit where you say "In future contact CAG first." At least I would have saved £69 but I've learned a lesson way more valuable and that's not to ignore a debt just hoping it will go away after 6 years. Here's hoping as a gesture of good will they actually remove it. Although theoretically they could also put a satisfied default on my file as well. The irony is that I only found out because I wanted another contract with EE. They told me I'd never get another EE contract with the AP markers on my file until it was paid off, so that's why I thought it would be resolved. Interestingly Lowell put up a proper fight after their account dropped off the CRA but you're correct. It wasn't written off! They ended up agreeing in writing "to no longer enforce the debt"
    • I'm further confused, in your defence you stated: 1.  The Defendant is the recorded keeper of [motor vehicle] And not only that, this started out as you putting the wrong registration number in, you PAID for the parking, you just made an error putting the wrong reg in? ... de minimis? That was the crux of the case, what did the judge say about that?
    • My emailed letters to P2G have been received and considered by David Jeremia Schnur who is P2G's 'Escalation and Complaints Adviser'. His response is attached. 19Apr24 David Schnur Linked In page.pdf 19Apr24 P2G email to me confirming my emails received.pdf
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
    • Not prosecuting in the public interest seems to be bandied about on forums frequented by students. I don't think I've ever seen a prosecution not go ahead because of that. You would have to define why it isn't in the public interest to prosecute someone who isn't paying their way and is costing other travellers more. I can't think of a reason. HB
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Wardyboy2 V HSBC **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Wardy

Well here we are - D-Day or should I say pay day - I didn't receive anything over the weekend so as long as nothing comes today (by midnight as I understand it) then I win tomorrow by default. A little concerned that they haven't even acknowledged the thing but I suppose they have so many now.

Anyone else won by default?

Can anyone tell me what the procedure is once I request for a decision by default from this point onwards?

Hows things with yours?

Regards

Magic

"The world wants to be fooled ... so fool it" - Pavel

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Just wanted to say your letters are identical to the ones i've sent, although i've yet to hear back anything from them.. so it has given me confidence that i've done the right thing, reading the feedback you have had.

Good luck for the next few weeks of chasing what you're owed!

Would be wonderful to be offered the full amount without too much bother..

Then again....pigs might fly...

Nothing for me this morning either. I'll be checking every hour to make sure it doesn't change to "Acknowleged."

If they were to acknowledge tomorrow would I still be able to file for a default win becuase they missed the 14 day deadline?

Oh... and GOOD LUCK IZZY. Don't worry about getting your money back. Its your money and it'll be with you soon.

--------------------------

HSBC (2 accounts combined) - View My Thread Here

- Prelim Sent: 29/06/2006

- LBA Sent: 13/07/2006

- MCOL Submitted: 01/08/2006

- Requested Judgement: 22/08/2006

- Default judgement issued: 22/08/2006

- WON! Money in the bank: 30/08/2006

Barclays (Other ½'s account):

- Statements Recieved

- Prelim sent: 21/08/2006

Hi Wardy

I read on someone elses thread that any response from the bank will be given priority over anything we want, if it is received BEFORE our request for judgement.

Therefore I shall be clicking at just after midnight so that even if it changes tomorrow morning I am ahead of any response from them, I suggest you do the same.

Good luck - not long now (hopefully).

Magic

Will do. So I'll be on here at 00:02 letting you know I've done it.

- Statements Recieved

Got nothing from teh bank. Waited until after midnight and BANG requested judgement! Even if the banks defence arrives on the mat tomorrow morning I will have got in there 1st! They missed the deadline so they have to pay.

How long have they got to pay up before I can send the boys 'round?

- Statements Recieved

Hi Wardyboy

Well here we are at the final stage (I hope).

Did you request payment immediately on the judgement form? I did but I expect we have to give them a reasonable amount of time... say a week. I am just guessing but perhaps someone can advise. Have not seen anyone at this stage before so this may be new territory.

Good luck

Magic

I entered for immediate payment (its not like they haven't got the money). I think I have seen 1 or 2 people get to this stage. One of them still didn't get paid and was authorised to send baliffs. It got sorted out just before though. I just hope they don't continue to drag there heels!

- Statements Recieved

My judgement for a default win has been accepted and issued. What next? How long do I give them to pay up? What happens if I still don't hear anything? Any ideas?

- Statements Recieved

Still not heard anything. tick...tock...tick...tock

- Statements Recieved

Hi Wardyboy,

I'm in almost the same position as you. The bank's 14 days are up today and there was nothing in the post.

Bearing in mind it's Saturday and a Bank Holiday weekend, i'm not gonna see the postman now until Tuesday. SWEEEEET !!!

So come midnight tonight, my case will be over, or at least until i get the money through.

NICE !!!

Good luck

Hi Wardyboy2

Have you heard anything? Any ideas what we are supposed to be doing?

I am going to send them another letter giving them 5 working days or I send the bailiffs in. What do you reckon?

Regards

Magic

Wardyboy, sorry I didn't see your thread before, I just saw your post on another OP's thread (Johnwright76) about not hearing from the bank since obtaining the default.

I'll simply paste the post here, saves my aching fingers the typing, lol:

Ok, the problem you have is this: In all likelihood, your claim, for whatever reason, slipped under the bank's radar, so to speak, allowing you to win by default. Great.

Now then, once you advise them that you've won, the bank can (and will) do one of the following 3 things:

a) Pay up. Yippee. Survey, donation :wink:, next please...

b) Write back to say that they will be applying for the judgment to be set aside, and that they will pay you ASAP as long as you do not oppose the set-aside. You say, ok then, they pay up. Yippee, etc...

c) Write back to say they will be applying for the judgment to be set aside. In which case, you will not be able to apply for the warrant, the case will go back to the judge for a set-aside hearing some time in the future. You will have to prepare for the hearing. Here comes the kicker: The judgment WILL get set aside, and the judge will then set a date for the hearing proper, as if you never had obtained the judgment in default, and then at some point before the hearing, the bank will pay up. Yippee, etc... But a good few weeks later...

You COULD of course not say anything to the bank, and get a warrant of execution. The odds are that the bank will find out, and apply for the set aside then. Or you might get very lucky and get as far as the bailiffs trying to get in, and then the bank will pay up. Very quickly.

These are the options. What you choose to do is up to you, based on the above.

You should really send all communications to DG, since as solicitors, they're the ones who are speaking/negotiating on behalf of the bank.

Keep us posted.

Thanks Bookworm. The reason I am not sure about sending a letter to DG is baecuase they have not contacted me at all. My correspondance has been with the customer relations department in Leeds and my Court action fas filed against the head office in London. I have never written to, nor had any correspondance from DG. Should I still write to them RE: payment?

- Statements Recieved

OK, I am goin to send the following letter (if approved by you lot). I just need to decide which address to send it to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir \ Madam

I am writing regarding my letter, dated 14th July, regarding my request of a refund on my bank charges of £1,467.00

As my letter stated, the time limit to respond was the 29th of July 2006. As I heard nothing from you before this date a County Court claim was issued against you on the 2nd August (REF: XXXXXXX). This was deemed served to yourselves, by the court, on the 7th August and you were given 14 days to acknowledge the claim; which you failed to do. As a result, on the 22nd August I applied for a judgement by default which was granted. As I have still heard nothing from yourselves I am now prepared to issue a warrant of execution.

However, I am mindful of the fact that this would be a timely process and would like to resolve this matter as soon as possible, so in light of this I am prepared to accept an unconditional out of court settlement for the full amount of my claim; which now stands at £1,678.92. This is made up in the following way: £1,467.00 original claim amount, £91.92 interest claimed under s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 up to the 2nd August, £120 court issue fee.

If you accept this proposal please credit my account with the full amount of £1,678.92 within 7 working days, failing this I will issue a warrant of execution on the 7th September, with further cost being incurred by you. Further more any action taken against you to enforce the judgement may lead to undesirable media attention for the bank.

For your reference I have enclosed a copy of my judgement request and a schedule of the charges applied to my account.

I hope we can resolve this matter as soon as possible with out any further action.

Yours sincerely,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If any one can suggest who to send it to it would be great. James, who did you send yours to as that seemed to get a response?

- Statements Recieved

Hi Wardy

Have you checked your post today?

I have just received a phone call from home telling me a letter from DG solicitors has arrived agreeing to pay me the lot back. Hopefully yours is sitting on your mat - if not it must surely come in the next couple of days.

Heres hoping.

Good luck

Magic

Fantastic news Magic. And you hadn't actually written to them yet had you? The postman doesn't come until after I have gone to work so I won't know until I get home. I'm all excited now though! I'm going to be gutted when it isn't there!

Still, I shall give it a couple of days until I send a letter with the hope that there is one on the way (if not already arrived). We did everything on the same day didn't we so it looks good.

- Statements Recieved

Hi Wardy

Yes we did everything on the same day - if its not there dont be too gutted, I would expect it by the end of the week. I was going to send the letter today but no need now.

I think that they are just snowed under with all the claims at the moment.

Will keep watching your posts Wardyboy2 - good luck - but I have a good feeling that by the end of the week........£££££££££££££££££'s in.

Magic

Just got home and checked the post. Guess what...

I'VE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fullsettlement, money paid into account TODAY! Just after I'd spent all morning writing a letter to send them.

Letter is from DG stating that they never got the form, usually would apply to set aside the judgement but mindfull of legal costs etc etc etc...

Just need to sign a form to state that the matter is settled so that the bank can get a certificate of satisfaction.

THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HAS HELPED ME AND THANK YOU CAG. DONATION WILL BE ON THE WAY SHORTLY.

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

- Statements Recieved

Hi Wardyboy

!!!!!!!CONGRATULATIONS MATEY!!!!!!!!

Feels good doesn't it - I wish that the internet could project feelings as well as words.

Once again - well done mate - really pleased for you. Cant be many more of us to go now.

Regards

Magic

• Confused 1