• Tweets

• Wow so just spoke to Nationwide. You'll like this one.    Stated that I was calling due to concerns over previous conversations that day and to check the status of my claim.    Was on and off hold a lot and the rep was very cagey, speaking to manager etc. She tells me that there are two DDI claims on my account, for dates and amounts that are completely different to what I asked for.    I asked her to read the notes from my previous calls. She goes on hold again and comes back to day she will send me all notes, correspondence etc. from my calls. I ask for it via email and am told that I will receive this in 28 days (!!)    I ask if we can go through the documents over the phone. No call notes (they'll be on the DDI forms I'm told). Okay, next I ask for dates and amounts. I load up my PayPal activity to cross check and the first claim was for 'send to friends and family' payments made by visa. The second claim was also for visa transactions. In fact PayPal didn't take a single DD from my bank account for the whole time that I have used them, until the start of May.    So those fraudulent claims are cancelled a little while after.    I ask for my actual claim to be raised. More hold music. We can't do it right now due to the volume of transactions. You'll have to wait two days for your statement as we can't load the transactions.    I escalate the matter to her manager so I can make a complaint. Manager takes details, asks some questions. Asks why fraud team aren't involved, is it fraud. I say it was the fraud team that I called this morning I thought they raised the claims. She calls them to 'check why they aren't involved, maybe because its DD'. Comes back saying there's a lot of transactions, lots of gambling.   Okay I say, point still stands that I want to claim a full and immediate refund, which I am entitled to do.    She gives me an email address to put all of this in writing, which I'd asked for previously. Asks me not to do so until the complaints team speak to me by Tuesday, as it will duplicate.    She goes to end the call and I'm like, so what about my claim? She responds while clearly looking at my account and says that she can see a claim was raised earlier today...    Flabbergasted, I go to remind her that yes, that's why I'm complaining and... Half way through my sentence the phone cuts out. The time is 19.58 and her office closes at 20.00...   Try to call back, she's gone for the day and will call me tomorrow.    So so so poor.    Pierre
    • Oh and also - If you are shorthanded by TSB then you can put a LBA together - This could be interesting...
    • This will be a long slog Document everything - Go into branch tomorrow - If they tell you have an Outstanding Balance and cant release funds etc then you document that too.   Put a FOS Complaint together. You can then get the information from the FOS to see what they did in their investigation @ TSB. You should not have a debt outstanding to TSB but i fear that a CIFAS marker might be acoming.  I would ask TSB to register you on CIFAS as you are a victim of Fraud in this circumstance and NOT a perpetrator. 
    • But get a free proof of posting, as it will be deemed delivered after 3 - 5 second class days
  • Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
Penny1969

Unusual Tax Credit Overpayment

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4206 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys,

I do hope you can help? I have looked through several threads to see if I can find anything as straightforward as mine!

We received an "overpayment" demand 18 months ago. The demand was for the whole years tax credit award, the reason we owe them it ........ because we didn't return the annual declaration (we didn't retrun it because we believed we were no longer entitled)?

Without going into unnecessary detail, we appealed, it was rejected. My only grounds for appeal were:-

1. How can it be an overpayment if we were entitled to it? Surely this is a most inappropriate word to use in our case?

2. There was no indication on the declaration that they would take money off you that you were entitled to?

Over the next year we received another demand, then 2 weeks ago we had a letter from a debt collection agency looking to recover the money before it became a court case.

The debt collection agency were very understanding, admitting the system was a farce and we should count overselves lucky we didn't owe several thousand!

Could someone please give me advice where to go from here? As an aside we are now in receipt of Child Tax Credit again as I was made redundant. I would really appreciate any advice, apart from the fact we can't afford to pay it back at the moment I have a huge moral issue with this idiotic system.

we didn't return the annual declaration (we didn't retrun it because we believed we were no longer entitled)?

Without going into unnecessary detail, we appealed, it was rejected. My only grounds for appeal were:-

1. How can it be an overpayment if we were entitled to it? Surely this is a most inappropriate word to use in our case?

Confused - you didn't return the declaration because you believed you weren't entitled to the tax credit yet you are arguing against repaying??? Please clarify :)

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!

Sorry, didn't realise that sounded misleading!

We didn't think we were entitled to any payment for the next year as my husband had a payrise that took us over the threshold. The revenue has confirmed we were entitled to the money they are now trying to recover!

Hi Guys,

The debt collection agency were very understanding, admitting the system was a farce and we should count overselves lucky we didn't owe several thousand!

Very unusual comment for these forums!

If you did not return the annual declaration then it is the current tax year credits that would cease. EG if you did not return the declaration for 2004/5 then they would cease payments after the deadline for returns in 2005/6. The deadlines are set as by that point HMRC would have your details for the previous year anyway.

Unless your household income is way above average you would be entitled to a minimum of £545pa anyway.

Please visit this site

http://www.taxcreditoverpayment.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

It will guide you through the procedures of what you must do. Thee are also lots of people waiting to share their own expierences and offer advice

Splashin

SPLASHIN ;)

Top Link Checkout

Taxcreditoverpayment@blueyonder.co.uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]