NatWest CC default problems!?

boki80
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I really need your help in resolving an issue I have with NatWest Card Services.

Few years ago while I was still studying I had a student CC with NatWest. Being really silly at the time I ended up with a default against the account and NatWest terminated the facility. I then settled in full couple of months after and default is reflecting satisfied status since....

Then in April this year I decided to reclaim all the charges applied to the account and received a difference between the original charge and £12 which I did accept as didn’t want to go all the way to court. Having no time to do enough research i never knew that I could ask for the default to be removed as part of the settlement.

Now few weeks ago I sent them a letter asking nicely if they would be willing to remove the default giving them all the usual reasons... was a student, paid in full shortly after, they refunded charges ect.

I had a response today, saying they are not prepared to remove it! Is there anything at all I can do as this default is causing me so many problems as i am trying to get a good deal on a mortgage!? :???:

I would very much appreciate any help

Hi boki, welcome on board :)

As you've already found out, it's quite difficult to request removal of a default if the request wasn't included in the original charges.

Before I respond fully though, can I just ask if you accepted the settlement on your credit card charges as 'full and final settlement'? x

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.