2 tickets in 35mins !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Parked car on single yellow line to go into building to sort out a private parking space, after 10 mins go back to my car to see PCN, oh well, might as well leave car there, didn't touch/read PCN, thought I wouldn't get another... later same day went back to find 2 PCNs on the screen from 2 PAs

1st at 09:12, 02 Parked or loading/unloading in a restricted street where waiting and loading/unloading restrictions are in force.

2nd at 09:37 (35 mins later!) 01 Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours.

A different restricted area is listed in each PCN as well as the different contravention above

do I have to pay both? do I only pay one? which one?

Doug

What are the loading/unloading restrictions on this road?

Scan and post both the front and backs of each ticket in this topic.

There may be errors with either or both tickets which could get you off paying them...

DO NOT PAY EITHER TICKET, until people here have spoken to you.

You don't have to pay either if they are not correctly drafted but you will need to go through the appeals process to establish this.

You don't have to pay either if you can establish that one of the statutory grounds for appeal apply (including that you were not parked where the PCN says you were).

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

do I have to pay both? do I only pay one? which one?

Doug

If the PCNs are valid you will have to pay both, a PCN is not a ticket to park its a penalty for parking in contravention if you parked in breach of two different 'offences' at different times you can get two PCNs.

will scan the PCNs when I get home from work

I'll also post the picture of the sign kindly provided by the PA later

sign is as follows

rectangle divided into 4

1-top left, yellow b/g

No waiting sign (red circle with red diagonal on blue background)

Mon - Fri

7:30am - 6:30pm

Sat

8:30am - 6:30pm

2-top right, yellow b/g

No waiting sign (red circle with red diagonal on blue background)

At any time

3-bottom left, white b/g

No loading

Mon - Fri

7:30 - 9:30am

4:00 - 6:30pm

Sat

7:30 - 9:30am

4:00 - 6:30pm

4- bottom right, white b/g

No loading

at

any

time

so looks like I've been done for no loading between 7:30-9:30am Mon-Fri on the 1st ticket and no waiting on the 2nd, road marking was a single yellow.

I wasn't loading tho, I was waiting/parking.

Im sure someone with better knowledge than myself will clear this up for you...

There is no information suggesting a "notice to owner" will be issued if you do not pay within 28 days.

I know this is required on london council tickets, so as I say someone will be able to clear this up for you!

Im sure someone with better knowledge than myself will clear this up for you...

There is no information suggesting a "notice to owner" will be issued if you do not pay within 28 days.

I know this is required on london council tickets, so as I say someone will be able to clear this up for you!

It says that under the 'what happens next' section.

for the 1st PCN (see photo right side) at 9:12am the contravention listed on the ticket is "02 parked OR loading/unloading" note the OR so I must have been loading/unloading

for the 2nd PCN (see picture left side) at 9:35am the contravention listed on the ticket is "01 parked"

the tickets list the same street (South Gyle Crescent) but different restricted areas

1st ticket restricted area = OP LM SME3

2nd ticket restricted area = OP NHS BUILDING

I parked at 9:05 and did not move the car, I could have only ever been in 1 restricted area

I am in front of my tv I am also behind my desk this does not make me in different places its just a different description of the same place. I have already tried to explain twice, you remained in the same place but the contravention changed which is why you got two PCNs if you had stayed until 4.00pm you could have got a third.