Mackenzie Hall question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

i have not posted about this before, as i was following the advise on here and didnt feel the need to post until now....

a brief outline of the story so far..

i recieved the bog standard "we are trying to contact this person ref a personal matter" letter. after reading up on Mackenzie Hall on here i ignored that letter. then i recieved another letter asking me to get in touch with them "urgently regarding referance number m********" again i ignored it.

so far i have not replied to anything from MH and have not even confirmed to them that i am at this address.

until this morning i did not even know who the alleged debt was with. i recieved more mail from MH this morning, this time it is a standing order mandate. my initial response was to send off the "i do not acknowledge this debt, please send me a copy of the original credit agreement" letter. however i noticed the name of the original creditor on this standing order mandate. it is for a company that we used to rent a washing machine from. we decided that we did not wish to rent this washing machine any longer and contacted the company and asked them to come and collect their equipment, we arranged a date a few days later. they did not turn up for it dispite me sitting in all day, so i contacted them again and after a heated discussion arranged for them to call in a couple of days to collect their equipment, again they did not turn up. so i contacted them yet again and this time i told them that their equipment was here awaiting collection but i would not arrange to be in for any further appointments as they had not turned up twice, i told them that they would have to take pot luck if we where in or not. i did not hear from them again until about 4 months later my wife bought a new tumble drier and this rented washing machine was now in the way. (we had not been using the washing machine in the mean time as we had bought 1) so i contacted the company again and told them that their equipment was now in the way in my house and they had 2 days to come and collect it, after these 2 days they would find it in the street waiting for them to collect it. and i would not accept no responsibility for its still being there. low and behold they called the next day and said they would be round later that day to collect it. this they did and i was given a collection note (which i still have) and they took their washing machine away.

i heard no more about this for a few months, then 1 day i recieved a letter from the washing machine company saying i owed them 4 months rent for the washing machine. this was the 4 months it took them to collect their equipment AFTER i had informed them we no longer wished to rent it. so they where trying to charge me for the time it took them to come and collect it. obviously i told them to go F*** them selves in so many words.

a couple of years later i started getting phone calls on my mobile phone demanding not only the £60 for the 4 months rent but also another £315 for the replacement of the washing machine they claim i still had. i explained this to the debt collectors (cant remeber who it was but it wasnt MC) but of course they didnt want to know, all they wanted was their money. after several months of these phone calls i eventually had a word with a solicitor friend and he took the details and said he would write to them and put an end to this.

i had not heard any more about it until today, and now its MC that are chasing it.

so what i wanted to ask is,,, do i send off letter "N" and then just ignore the threats, or do i write to MC explain the story and make it clear i will not pay a penny. or any other ideas?

sorry for being so long winded

cheers

Mick