Council Tax, question

GolfCaddie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a council tax question, (live in scotland)

in the past i have fallen behind with council tax payments and when the financial year is up , the balanced of the owed debt was sent to a DCA where an automatic 10% was added on. These have been payed off.

But my quesion really is; am I been unneccesary harassed over my previous poor council tax payments to keep me up to date for this current financial year..

So here goes...

I am a seasonal worker, so im on and off benifits , therefore my council tax bill is always changing. But I am always getting letters saying that I am behind in payments and that I have 7 days to get up to date or they will apply to the sheriff court for a summary warrant.

Anyway I am currently on JSA, and just got my latest council tax bill £160 for the remander of the financial year ( will change if I find employment).. got to pay it in two installments on the 1st of DEC and the 1st of Jan. At this time of year I cant really afford to pay this amount, but would happily pay it in Feb and Mar.

So the question is can the council apply to the sherriff court for a summary warrant during this current financial year for the debt if I miss my payments on Dec and Jan?.....surely I am allowed up to the last day of the financial year to pay this debt? I do accept that once the financial year is over that they can refer me to a DCA to recover debt but I feel it is harrasment to send me threatening letter during the current financial year...

G