Private Parking Tickets - Template Letters - If you wrote before finding this site.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Rooster, thanks for advice, much appreciated. What i`m suggesting, is if Fred Bloggs is driver (on the day),and owner of vehicle, and DVLA send PPC photo of owner, then PPC can compare that with their footage of driver.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, I've been reading this all through and it's very helpful but I'm in a bit of a quandary about what to do. I have a parking 'notice' from my employer, Keele University, issued because I parked in a restricted area (a residents' area where I am a non-resident staff member). This was on a day where the car parks were overflowing due to closures/building works/a special event, and the security manager at Keele has conceded he does not understand why I was issued with a parking notice under the circumstances. He also admitted that the private company do not always check with him. However, the fact is that I was parked somewhere I shouldn't have been, I left a note in my car explaining why, and there is photographic evidence on the Car Parking Partnership website (photos of my car and the signs indicating that it's a restricted area).

I appealed, explaining the circumstances, and my appeal was turned down. Then I found this site.... I now have a letter from CPP with my full name and address indicating that I owe the full amount (£50) within 28 days (which is in a few days time). I've scanned it and attached it here. They appear to have followed all the correct procedures on this document (postal aaddress etc.) although this was the first letter that indicated a postal address. They also have my title down as not the title I appealed under (I appealed as Dr, and their first letter was addressed to me as Dr but the current one says Miss, not sure how they would have been able to check that). Needless to say, I don't want to pay it. The letter says I can appeal, but I presume having appealed once unsuccessfully this will be unsuccessful again. I'd very much appreciate advice on what, if anything, to do. Many thanks!

CPP notice 19 March.jpg

Sorry, I can't figure out rapidly how to make the scan larger - essentially it is a notice with my name and address on it (blocked out on the scan) saying that as the registered keeper/driver/hirer on the date I now owe £50 for the civil parking notice. I can either pay in full or challenge, and in large capitals it tells me that "failure to pay may result in Car Parking Partnership instructing a debt collection agency to collect any sum due. The debt collection agency may commence proceedings against you in the county court and obtain a county court judgement agianst you. this may affect your ability to borrow money or obtain credit. A warrant may then be issued to county court appointed bailiffs to recover payment. You will also become liable for the additional fees of the debt collection agency, the county court and the bailiff."

We have seen a few threads regarding Keele University on CAG. As you discovered, appealing is a waste of a stamp. Your best just applying the ignore route now.

Literally ignore? Just grit my teeth and hope they don't pursue it? I'm willing to give this a go.

we have seen loads of these. read around the forum a bit more you don't seem to understand the [problem] yet.

and take the letter to the Uni Law dept, ask them how which elements of the PPCs letter are merely unlawful and which elements are illegal, how many statutes the PPC is breaching and how many statutes can be used to enforce AGAINST the PPC. Suggest to the law prof that this would make a good subject for those studying Consumer law. there is an outline here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/164651-problems-ppcs-face.html?highlight=problems+ppc+face but its only an outline the students would still have enough work to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, i am new to this site and although i have read loads of the other posts and have a good idea where this is going, i thought id check for a quick bit of advice from a few of you kind people who seem to know loads about it. My partner got a Civil Traffic Enforcement Notice from UKPC for parking 'outwith a marked bay' as he was overlapping into 2 spaces. He spoke to the guys who took a picture of his car and gave him the notice, and they said they'd cancel it, and to ignore anything in the post. However, owing to the nature of the letter and my complete novice in these issues i stupidly wrote back to appeal, saying that the staff at the time had told us to ignore it. I now realise i shouldnt have done anything!!

My question is, should i send the letter below in reply??:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Your letter dated [dd/mmmm/yyyy] Reference[#]

Thank you for your captioned letter. Since I wrote to you I have been doing some research. I now understand that your “parking ticket” purported to have been issued with the force of law behind it. I now believe this not to be the case. Would you please advise me what statute(s) and/or judicial precedent enable you to enforce this penalty against me.

In the meantime I absolutely deny your claim that the amount claimed, or any amount at all, is due to you from me.

Yours Sincerely

??? Thanks everyone

Absolutely no point in bothering with a second letter. Just make like you didn't waste your time writing the first and move on, ignoring everything else they send you (short of an actual court summmons. But don't hold your breath for this)

Thanks crem, very speedy response as well! You'll be tired of answering all of these im sure but its terrible these companies can make you feel like you have broken the law!! And its great to have someone to give a bit of reassurance! Thanks again

Best wishes :)

Hi again, I have tried my best to read the rest of this site but am still looking for a bit of reassurance that I'm OK to ignore things. Mine was the Keele Uni ticket for parking in the wrong area.

I have just this morning received a "Pre Legal Notification" from Car Parking Partnership telling me that my balance of £50 is due within 14 days, and that if not, the case will be passed on to a Debt Collection Agency who may commence enforcement proceedings via the County Court. They ask me to consider the implications of this: interest will be charged on the overdue amounts, court fees and solicitors costs will also be incurred. a county court judgement will be placed on public record and with all major credit reference agencies which would of course seriously effect [sic] my credit status and could result in difficulty obtaining credit in the future, and if the court judgement were to remain unsatisfied a warrant of execution woudl be issued and the court bailiff instructed to collect the outstanding monies or goods to the full value of the claim. Further court fees would also be incurred at this stage.

Am I still OK to just file under 'ignore' and is this all really not true? The issue I'm struggling with a bit here is that unlike many other cases posted here they do seem to have followed most of the rules (notices were posted, etc) and they have a photo of me parked somewhere I shouldn't have been. I'm happy if I know I've got the rules on my side, but obviously am getting a bit concerned about this. Thanks a lot.

Keele uni has been mentioned a few times on CAG. I'm not aware they have ever taken anyone to court (anyone know?).

All the threats in their letter are just that, threats. Notice they are only saying they will pass it to a debt collector if you don't pay. Why? A DCA has no more chance of getting money off you than the PPC so why don't they go straight for a court date?

Most of the other stuff is utter rubbish. It's full of ifs and buts which depend on that rather small point they forget to mention,,, they have to win in the first place!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

An update - I've just this minute received a letter from a debt collection agency saying I now owe £85 and if I don't pay or provide a valid dispute within 7 days they will pursue the matter with or without my co-operation. They say wthey will pass it to their solicitors who will review the case for potential legal action. The only thing I have done in this case was to make an appeal to Car Parking Partnership who turned it down. Should I still ignore this? Thanks in advance.

An update - I've just this minute received a letter from a debt collection agency saying I now owe £85 and if I don't pay or provide a valid dispute within 7 days they will pursue the matter with or without my co-operation. They say wthey will pass it to their solicitors who will review the case for potential legal action. The only thing I have done in this case was to make an appeal to Car Parking Partnership who turned it down. Should I still ignore this? Thanks in advance.

I love that phrase in their letters!!!! What do they expect? loads of people ringing them up say "please may I co-operate to help you take me to court pretty please?" :lol:

Anyway, their laughable letters apart, yes you should still ignore this. Only ever read it again when you are feeling low and need a good laugh to cheer you up. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Have just this morning had a formal solicitors' letter which is entitled Notice of Intended Legal Action and tells me that this is a notice of intended litigation before legal proceedings are issued in the County Court. They have added £142.25 to the additional costs of £85. Am I still OK to ignore it? It's getting more scary now.

Hi

I have been following your instructions following a parking invoice back at the start of the year. I initiated correspondence as the car is a company vehicle and I was concerned that the lease co would dimply pay and pass on the cost.

Basically the parking co have made good on their threat to take me to court and I recieved the stamped court papers today. This doesn't make me any more willing to pay up but I would appreciate some advise on my next move as was hoping it wouldn't get this far. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Hi

I have been following your instructions following a parking invoice back at the start of the year. I initiated correspondence as the car is a company vehicle and I was concerned that the lease co would dimply pay and pass on the cost.

Basically the parking co have made good on their threat to take me to court and I recieved the stamped court papers today. This doesn't make me any more willing to pay up but I would appreciate some advise on my next move as was hoping it wouldn't get this far. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Hmm, if you had been following instructions you would have contacted the hire company and not the PPC. Why have you re-registered under a new user ID if you already posted on this case on CAG? Although PPCs taking court cases is rare as hens teeth anyway, we have no record of it ever happening to someone who did not contact the PPC. Which PPC is this by the way? If you have received valid court papers then you will need to enter a defence - help will no doubt be available when you have confirmed a few things.

Thanks for the reply. I contacted the hire co first and they said they always pay any bills that come through and then invoice my company. I then followed the instructions for this scenario on the templates page. I've not posted this before on CAG as it seemed pointless to put up the details as I knew what advise I'd get from reading other posts. I registered yesterday as I'm now unsure of the best course of action because as you say very few cases get this far.

The PPC is Armtrac Security Services based in Exeter, there is very little about them on here. The ticket was picked up in a pay and display in Cornwall. The first thing I need to do is get the case transferred to a court nearer me. How do I do this?

The case will be transferred automatically to your home court when you get your defence in.

Best to submit an acknowledgement of service - this gives you an extra 2 weeks to get the defence in.

It would be useful to know the circumstances and what they are claiming. Post up the claim form wiped of personal information if you can. In your account do not mention anything about ID of driver as weasels abound on here. Also beware offers of "help" from unknown parties with low post counts (particularly if unable to spell and abusing the exclamation mark). Also say something about the signage (but not whether you saw it or not), the things Armtrac have said in correspondence etc.

The claim was filed by Christine White. The particulars of the claim are:

Vehicle Registration Number XX00XXX was Parked on xxx xxx xxx Car Park without a Valid ticket on display (ticket expired)

thats all she's written including her strange use of capital letters. I can get a photo of the claim form uploaded. How much of it should I scrub out?

Armtrac was the company involved in the leading clamping case, Arthur v Anker. Not a lot of people know that (best Micky Caine voice).

Anyway that is about the worst claim form I have ever seen. Worse than Perky's and that's saying something. It asserts no cause of action at all, in contract or anything else.

They first say that the ticket was not displayed and then that it was expired. Sounds a total contradiction. Tell us (in theory only) which one it is likely to have been, if any. Do not admit anything concrete in your reply due to watching eyes.

Armtrac are known for their miniature signage. What was the signage like at the car park? If it is not too difficult you should take photos as this will likely be important in the future.

What was the car park charge and how much are they claiming? What kind of correspondence have they indulged in with you?

Sorry it is a lot of questions but this will allow people to tailor advice.

In theory a ticket may have been purchased. The cost would have been 80p for an hour. Armtrac's claim is that after an hour and 14 minutes an invoice for £80 (60 if paid in 14 days) was applied to the car.

They claim to have proof that the ticket was expired and have send me several photos none of which proves anything. I now have a photo of the back of the car showing the number plate but no ticket or PCN. One of a parking ticket and PCN attached to an unidentifiable peice of glass. One of my front lights and number plate (again no ticket or PCN) and one of an unidentified car of the same colour as mine with a PCN and ticket showing but neither of these can be read.

They claim that the time stamps on their digital camera give proof of the times but as a camera can be set to any time/date in the future or past I doubt this is will stand in court. Does anyone know about this?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks