Lloyds winding me up

a_jam_sandwich

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just got off the phone with Lloyds TSB. Basically I have been charged £40.00 for two standing orders I cancelled over 12 months ago. I received a letter today dated 7th of November 2007 stating 'We haven't been able to make payments you arranged to come out of your account today ..' for two standing orders totalling £714.95 that looking on the banking website should of come out the 1st. These payments were for back when I used to live at my parents home (Housekeeping), last one taken 1st of October 2006.

Last year I bought a house and cancelled all my standing orders, and because of trouble I had with Lloyds TSB refusing to pay back charges they took from me for a problem they caused, I also moved bank. I left my Lloyds account ticking over as so to speak. Today I get home and I have received a letter stating these 2 standing or were attempted and as a result of this putting me over drawn I shall be charged £20.00 per standing order, £40.00 total. Naturally I rang Lloyds to explain this can not be so, as how can these be active 12 months on with no payments taken from then to now, there response was simple 'I'm afraid it must have been you suspending them'. I asked why I would suspend them knowing I would never be paying them ever again? She said that there we're two thing that could of happened.

1. I suspended them for 12 month by physically typing the date and clicking amend.

2. I re-entered them.

As you can imagine I quite frankly annoyed with there answers, I was then told that she would suspend them for 3 months when they would naturally be removed as there is a 3month contention. At this point I asked so after 3 month of suspension they're deleted? 'Yes' was the reply. I then asked why after 12 months suspension that I supposedly made, why are these standing orders not removed .. there was no answer.

Now I have to run around sending letters of complaints for them to remove these charges knowing full well the rubbish I will have to go though.

I'm Wondering has anyone else had these problems?

Many thanks

Andy