natwest laon and charges ...... need advice please!!!

prpro760

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi ,

i had two natwest personal laon to cover some of the charges applied to my current account . i know this is quite stupid but they kept telling me that is the best way to increase yo0ur credit report. Anyway last january, while claiming back my charges natwest put some others. this is where the problem begins, i have been sucessfull but while i was being successful reclaiming all of it for the last year (01/ 2001-01/2007). natwest make sure they will have their money back with more charges.

Natwest approach me before the procedding start to agee on a personal loan to repayu my overdraft as i t was getting really big with the inteerst it cam to zero when i reclaimed my unlawfull charges back. however as i couldn't closed this current accountdue to the fact i signed up for a personal loan to repay those charges ( pretty stupid but hey they really kept me going) i arranged them to take the repayment from an other curent account from an other bank. how stupid i was. natwest never took that money form this account but kept going on with my old current account with them, knowing dull well that no moeny was coming in or out, after promising me that once i signed up i will have no more charges and it will took the repayment form my other current account.

natwest never rely on this term an dput a lot more charges on a current account which i do not used as i cannot have a debit nor a cheque book form them but constantly failed to take the money form this other current account so they can charge me and by so making them more money.... i am reallly cheesed off with them every begining of each month i have to phone them to give new direct debit instruction but they don't take notice, the first week of each month the amount of phone call comes up to 30 per week. i am getting fed up so know they told me that they will put more charges and then transfer my account to a DCA because they cannot follow a simple banking instruction, well this is my theory as i try ti make sure they get it. the problem they took the money , then rolled it back then charged me for late payment, then non payment 40 pounds each times. i have no idea what to do now they are acting so unprofessionally. i am so fed up with them no matter what i do they don;t care and pesterd me with threat ( they have already been reported to the police for harassment, i have a log number) so i have no idea what to do i dont want to have a CCJ but i don't want to have an other charges this is unfair as i do not use this bank account.

I understand your dilemma prpro760, if you have a loan with NatWest they won't allow you to close your current account, this can be a bit of nightmare especially if you go through financial difficulties as they will keep trying to take the payment from the account, if no funds they wack on £39 fees each time!

I see no reason why you can't just send another S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to them, work out all the charges they have debited since and start the ball rolling on claiming them back again. There is currently a test case at the moment though which has put a stay on al current account penalty charges cases but you should still go throgh the motions

With regard to to Crapwest involving a DCA they are not allowed to pass on the debt to another company while it is in dispute, this is in contravention of the Banking Code and the OFT's debt collection guidelines.

I wouldn't worry to much about a CCJ, to get one granted they would have to file a claim against you, given that you are disputing the debt and it is made up of penalty charges I can't see them doing this ad you would have a strong defense

kind regards,

shane

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

Good advice from Shane5408

I would certainly look to put in a written complaint as well outlining what has happened regarding their failure to set up the correct DD. Keep a copy & send recorded delivery; if you get no response or an unsatisfactory response ( you do need to give them 8 weeks unfortunately ) you can take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service ( FOS ) who will investigate for you.

Regardless of the outcome Natwest will pay approx £400 for the privilege as well.