Allied International Credit

Aspirante

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5065 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am being chased (usual bully-boy telephone calls from Mr M****) by this company (Allied International Credit) for an original credit card debt to Barclaycard. So, after reading these pages I sent a CCA and S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to them, In the CCA letter I also asked then not to telephone me & that after receipt of the letter, any further calls would be construed as harrassement. I have had further calls, also messages left on my mobile answerphone without data checks.

I today received a statement of data held by them much of the content is written in abbrieviated text. I can guess some of it but not much (ie: dtr is presumably debtor etc.) The data held by them (allegedly) does not go back very far.

Am I right in thinking (according to another thread on here) that any DCA is is supposed to provide a complete financial history regarding the debt in question "Regardless of whether or not they are the original creditor" also all other accounts in my name held by the same creditor ?

Any help will be very much apreciated

Asp.

Nat West - £16k debt - settled f&f £4k

Cap One - £8.5k debt - settled f&f £2.1k

Egg - £15.5k debt - settled f&f £3.9k

Lloyds Tsb - £5k debt - settled f&f £1.2k (Lit)

Barclaycard - £10.8k - lost agreement

£39k of debt still to go!

Any help on the above anyone? I am sending this letter to them (suitably edited) recorded delivery in the morning courtesy of this forum.

Thank you for your letter of xx/xx/2007. However, a Subject Access Request entitles me to receive :

A complete list of transactions and charges relating to my entire banking history with your organisation. In other words, I require all transactional data that you have ever held in relation to myself, on all accounts and in all formats, whether in statement form or on fiche.

A complete breakdown of all transactions and charges and how they have been applied to my account(s).

Copy documentation that gave you the legal authority to sell my personal data to an external company. I also require sight of any documentary evidence to support the sale of any accounts; the Deed/Document of Assignment and/or written confirmation of the details therein.

Details of the identity of any individuals or organisations who you have provided with my personal information, together with copies of any letters of instruction, or any contracts entered into between yourselves and the third party, and the relevant dates to which those contracts related.

Full details and copies of any documents which you relied upon when you provided my personal or financial information to any individual, organisation or third party.

Full copies of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organisation or third party which contains my personal or financial information, or which pertains to myself.

Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction.

Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.

Please take note that, unless this matter can be resolved between ourselves, I will be commencing County Court proceedings against xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx for full disclosure under The Data Protection Act, 1998, a full breakdown of transactional charges applied to this account before closure, together with a claim for damages for the unlawful sale of my personal data to an external debt collection company.

You are no doubt aware that any non-agreed disclosure of personal data to third parties, without express written permission, is a criminal offence under Section 35, of the Data Protection Act, 1998. A full report will also be submitted to the Information Commissioner. At this point, I would draw your attention to the content of the Data Protection Act 1998, the substance of which should clarify your current position, future conduct and direction regarding my personal data.

I will give you 14 days within which to reply. If you do not respond, or you do not respond positively within this time period, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect. I believe that these targets are more than sufficient for a large company such as yours with dedicated staff and departments. After that, there will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline.

Without ambiguity, I trust I make myself perfectly clear, and invite your considered response before taking this matter further.

Thank you for this, I can't at the moment recall which thread it came from but I will and thank the poster. It certainly is a "Kick Ass" letter - will post the response

Asp.

Have AIC bought the account, if not the SAR should have gone to Barclaycard. AIC certainly need to provide you with a list of what the abreviations mean.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks for the reply rory, I dont know if they have bought the debt or not they haven't disclosed that information in their reply to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) I did ask for them to clarify what the abbrieviations mean

Asp.

I've had dealings with many dca's and these have just started to chase me also for a disputed mint account. They have been calling me at work and when the secretary refused to put him through to me he asked to speak to my managing director. He has left a message on his voice mail. This is serious breach of oft guidelines. Not sure what to do now. I want to complain to someone, but my trading standards have been a complete waste of time with another dispute and the relevant authorites are all spineless so not got a clue what to do? I wrote to their company address in basingstoke to explain situation, but still harassing me. They call from glasgow so may write again to this address.

Send them harrassment letter blue d you will find a good template to adapt on here, It is also a serious offence under data protection act. I have done it & so far so good.

Asp