Capquest,Ruthbridge,Scotc all.what to do now

monkeyhanger21

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,and hello from new member need a little help after reading about a few people on here having a problems, with ruthbridge and their bullying tactics i decided to follow your advice on tactics to do to try and sort my problems out here, is what i have done to-date.

1. 17/11/07 sent cca request to LOWELL,Re barclay card.

2, 17/11/07 sent cca request to RUTHBRIDGE,Re Barclay overdraft.(i think as i am not sure what this debt is.)

3, 17/11/07 sent cca request to SCOTCALL,Re Egg loan

replies to-date

1, LOWELL. acknowledged request,their reply was as follows.

we are in receipt of your request for a copy of the agreement in accordance with section 78(1) of the consumer credit act 1974

we are also in receipt of the prescribed fee from you.

we are requesting a copy of the agreement from the original lender with whom you originally entered into the agreement.

while we endeavour to reply to you with the required information within the 12 day period under the C.C.Act you will appreciate this is dependant upon receipt of the information from the original creditor.

we will advise you further if it will take longer than the prescribed period

2, RUTHBRIDGE, 23 days later (hmmm 5 days sort of a film title) to-date no reply what so ever.

3, SCOTCALL, returned payment,told me no longer dealing with account passed back to capquest. recieved copy of cca from capquest. today but i do not agree to the amount they are asking for it seems to have gone up by nearly a £1,000. since last payment made.this extra money seems to have been added after egg passed this on.

any advice at this time would be most helpfull,

thanks monkeyhanger21

Hi monkeyhanger and welcome to CAG.

I think it is best if you start a thread on each in the Debt Collection Forum. The link is here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/ That way you can keep it clear on what is happening with each account and will get a lot of help and advice.

Regarding Lowell, this is just a standard letter that everyone gets. Ruthbridge tend to ignore letters (did you send it recorded delivery?).

As part of the CCA request Capquest should have sent you a statement of account, which obviously they haven't. You need to chase this up. Any collection fees they have added are unlawful as only a court can award costs, Capquest can not simply add to any balance outstanding.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.