default issued/renault finance

mrsc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Hope this is in the right forum

My daughter has been issued with a default notice from renault finance she has been having a lot of problems in the past couple of years she did think she was on top of this one however,we got a statement of account sent in July 2007 which showed £745.74 of charges she made a payment on the 2nd Aug 2007 and arranged for the direct debit to be reinstated.well that's what she thought anyway the direct debit has never been started again and so she has fallen behind again.

She received the default notice and arrears of £996.25 had to be paid by 9/11/2007 she phoned them to explain about the direct debit and paid £200 over the phone with a promise to pay more next week,however they wouldn't accept this proposal.

On the default notice it states that she has accrued admin charges of £709.49 (this differs from the statement of account received July 2007 and I am sure there will have been more added to date)

She hasn't received any letters warning her that the payments haven't been received.

What would be the best course of action to take now, I am unsure how to proceed with this.

Hi all,

I did find the answer on another thread but can't find it tonight nor can I remember who posted it (brain like a seive Honestly)

What was said if there was unlawful charges included in the amount that the default was unenforceable.

What I am not sure of is what to do now, will they still be able to go to court with this or does it just go to a DCA ?

• 3 weeks later...

Always happy to help where I can!

:lol:

Beware of legal advice given on a private forum - do you REALLY know who is posting? Are they REALLY accountable for their posts? What if you follow their advice and get something wrong?

It was Winston Churchill who said; "Democracy is the worst way to run a country except for all the others"

Advice and comments posted by car2403 are offered purely without prejudice. They reflect only my personal opinion and do not represent the opinion of this forum or it's management. You should always seek legal advice from a qualified legal advisor. As a member of the site team, I disable reputation - reputation points mean nothing, please check my posting credentials yourself and make an informed decision. You shouldn't PM me and await a reply - I may be too late with a response. No replies will be given in Private Messages - just as with getting advice from the forum, getting advice via Private Messages is dangerous. CAG is about sharing successes so others can follow your example, this is primarily why I'm here, so please don't be offended if I don't offer replies in PM that doesn't comply with this. Help CAG to help others by keeping your thread up to date.

USEFUL LINKS; New User Guide to CAG | Can't find what you're looking for? | Intro to Consumer Credit Litigation | Is My Agreement Enforceable | Default (Surleybonds) Template Letter | Defaults - background, removal methods, challenges and taking a claim to Court | Digital Signature Guide | Overdrafts and the CCA

• 1 month later...