Private Parking Tickets - General discussion points

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well it doesn't say that.

its just a small yellow thing, with a box with reg, date and time.

then box with wording,

PARKING CHARGE

No unauthorised removal or interference. photographic evidence take.

thats it. then it says pull here for ticket. and you pull it out, and its wooo hooo BLANK.

Nothing on the front. it doesn't say who has issued it, what company etc.

when you take the ticket out, other than everything being left blank, it says underneath on another part,

Postal payment slip.

then you fill it in with your reg and, get this.... CUSTOMER REFERENCE NUMBER (funny...)

then just visa details, or cheques numbers etc.

if you turn it over, the back is set out in parts.

on the back it says, payments made to,

payments department, central ticketing. po box 12655, birmingham. b16 6ax.

Nothing on the front. it doesn't say who has issued it, what company etc.

when you take the ticket out, other than everything being left blank, it says underneath on another part,

Postal payment slip.

then you fill it in with your reg and, get this.... CUSTOMER REFERENCE NUMBER (funny...)

then just visa details, or cheques numbers etc.

if you turn it over, the back is set out in parts.

on the back it says, payments made to,

payments department, central ticketing. po box 12655, birmingham. b16 6ax.

Central Ticketing a PPC.

Just ignore it.

BTW it is NOT a fine, a private company cannot fine members of the public, it is effectively a begging letter, so just ignore it and all the other cr*p they will send you. DO NOT APPEAL.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

i did get an appeal form from inside the shop. i was so irate at the time, not to mention the fact i'd just spent £200 in there on party food for my granddaughters birthday. they'll be receiving no more of my money in future, with this being in shopping or fines.

i have been having a read through all the posts on this site, and would like to say thankyou. i am going to proceed with the same ignorance this company has shown me by fining me in the first place, fine, what fine? my car? really, i wasn't driving it.....?? nothing i can do about that then is there!!

let justice prevail against these bandits. :)

It is very important for you to tell us whether this is a council run car park or private covered by a PPC. Who is the ticket issued by?

Edit

As you say you have to pay in 7 days that clearly implies it is a PPC junk mail invoice. (as council would give you 14 days recduced charge and 28 days to pay full)

You still should confirm abslutely for us.

can i just ask, my ticket was issued in a carpark, it doesn't say anything about it being given by the council/police and the only address on the back is for central ticketing with a PO box number, however it doesn't say to be paid with in 7 days, it says reduced price of 40quid within 14 days, and after 14 days 70quid, up until 28 days when it goes to 150.

does this mean it has to be paid???? help now i'm worried!!!!!

hi, im new to this site but have read many posts. Last Friday i got a UKPC charge for parking in a disabled bay with my disabled daughter at tesco car park. In my flusterred state for one reason or another i forgot (for the first time) to display current and valid disability badge . I was in the store for 40 mins. When i came back to car charge was on windscreen me MORTIFIED. Asked the car park attendant what to do showed him my valid badge and he said that he was ' knackered now' becaused he'd entered the charge, and to appeal because many of them are being written off?. Anyway received jok letter off them today. I only wrote this as i havent come across any disabled badge threads. I am RK and driver of the car.

i've been through every post on here, all 28 pages, and i think you should take the same advice i'm currently taking, ignore it all. dont appeal, dont write, dont do anything. apparently the rules for private parking are not the same as road way parking.

unless the ticket was issued by the local council or police it is not actually a fine. its just toilet paper.

whether you were ''illegally parked'' or not makes no difference to these bandits. a disabled parking space holds no merit in a private run car park.

thanks, i want to take that avenue but being a nervous soul am quite terrified of all the correspondence and keep thinking ' what if it's me they take to court?' !! . Was even considering phoning the tesco branch just to see what they'd say and if they could waver the charge. These companies are so horrible as if haven't got enough on our plates! Will keep updating on this forum for advice and encouragement .

ha Exactly !! I'm just a little concerned that my case is to me slightly different as i forgot to put the disabled badge on, and that is a hefty fine in my local council run NCP car park. I am expecting loads of letters from them, i was half in the middle of writing a letter to them and phoning tesco to see if they have any say so in overriding this stupid charge. But will prob do nothing now as advised. UKPC have a websit now which i didnt find last week? anyway will just have to be brave and not contact them. Scary.

dont worry, tesco has no more right to fine you than any of these clowns that supervise their carparks. my car was parked in a disabled spot also, and i only used that space because mother and baby were full of people who didn't need them, i.e Workmen and old people. but because these people were sitting in their cars having some kind of picnic, well,,, they aren't easy targets are they. they're sneaky, and usually crawl out from under some bush or other as soon as you've walked around a corner.

as i said previously dont worry. a private carpark disabled bay is not the same as a disabled marked bay out in the street. if you paid for a white line in front of your house, and someone parked in it, would you therefore be legal in putting your own fine on that car?? nope, down to the council! so dont worry, and dont cave in. we all stick together and show these [problem] artists we're not going to take them lying down!!!

hey guys i know you will have heard this before and im sorry for repeating just want to clarify a few things.

i parked in a private carpark for a shopping center and my ticket fell down so they put a ticket on my window its national clamps and they said on the leaflet lots of things about if the driver does not pay it will be past on the the owner and that the £80 fee will go up if unpaid,

im really wondering witch should i do as i know for a fact they wont accept the fact it fell so my options are a) wait for a letter and send the template saying i wasnt the driver and then the cease letter or b) just ignore any comms my only issue with that is that if if did get as far as court what would i have to defend my self.

does anyone know what i should do

thanks

adam

I wouldn't even bother sending a template letter either now or later. They won't read a word you send them and only take any letter from you as a good sign that you might actually think they have any authority (which they don't)

First post:

I have had a PCN from the local council.

I never actually received the PCN on the vehicle, the first I hard of it was a letter sent to our old address, still to update our details with DVLA. This was a letter asking for £50 because I failed to pay within the 14 days. I had heard of many people getting away with these parking fines due to the fact that they did not know who was driving, so I searched the internet and found this website.

I havehad one or 2 letters from the bailiffs sent to the old address and passed onto us through an old neighbour the last one stating that the bailiffs would be coming around to remove the vehicle or goods to the value of the fine.

Any advice would be great, dont think i should ignore this one!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks