Fredricksons and F&F Offer

MikeSplicer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay

I was initially paying a Bill from Talk Talk with fredricksons at £10 per month I canceled the DD and offered them a F&F settlement that was initially very small just to see what would happen.

They responded with £20 discount offer (measly) I then sent them an improved offer which they have ignored, apart from sending me letters from there solicitors.

I have this morning rcvd a letter saying they will accept a F&F but I have to ring within 48 hrs (No mentions of amounts)

But I have also found out that although this was a telephone account they have been updating my Credit File, so would want this wiping as part of any deal.

My question is would you ring? how would I word what I require also if I do phone then pay whats to stop them welshing on the deal once I have paid.

I have just knocked the following up opinions are welcome please...

“WITHOUT PREJUDICE”

Dear Sir/Madam

Account Number X

Thank you for your letter Received by me on the 8 November 2007.

I am sorry but I must again reiterate that I would prefer all communication to be by letter only.

If you like to offer a Full & Final settlement figure I would be grateful to hear it but would request that you put this in writing.

I would also like as part of the offer that neither you nor any associate company will take any other action to enforce or pursue this debt in any way whatsoever and that I will be released from any liability.

Also I have noticed that you have been updating my credit reference data with one or more of the Credit Reference agency’s since the debt was originally with Talk Talk and is not covered by the Consumer Credit Act I do not believe you have the authority to do this. I would like this to be removed at once, If for some reason you believe that you have the right to process my information I would like you to send me proof of this.

I would prefer to get this matter sorted as soon as possible. So you swift action would be appreciated in this matter.

Yours

Remove "Without Prejudice". It means that it cannot be relied upon in Court at a future date.

Regards, Dave.

If my post was helpful don't forget to click the star!

Advice is offered freely, without liability and without prejudice.

If in any doubt professional legal advice should be sought.

I do not profess to be in any way legally trained, I am a big

oily truck driver and all I know has been learned within the

Consumer Action Group.

FAQ's

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Trying to stop smoking?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/give-up-smoking-here/

A dummies guide to the forums

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

--

KEEP WILDLIFE IN THE WILD

http://www.bornfree.org.uk

BORN FREE FOUNDATION

--

Even if the agreement was not covered by the CCA, does not mean they didn't have the authority to record info on your credit file. You need a different reason, such as inaccuracy, or disclosing info without your consent.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.