Registration V5c

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wanted to know if a V5C would cause any prob in a insurance claim with your old address i.e. case of a write off. If the reg doc address was an old address. I have heard they wont pay out if your MOT has ran out, but if you forget to change address on a V5C would they care when you send your docs in. A friend has had their car written off and the insurance want the docs, then they noticed it still has previous address on V5C. should just send it in to insurance or send off V5C to dvla to get address changed and then send it in?

The most important thing to the insurance company is that the car is insured at your current address so they can set the correct premium for the perceived risk. if your friend hasd utility bills which support the current address then it shouldn't present too many problems. Not having the correct address on the V5 is very different to the MOT having expired as the MOT is a legal requirement for the car to be on the road.

If your friend wants to make sure he/she could contact the insurers and ask them if it will present any problems with the claim.

This is a standard request from insurance companies. Once they have agreed a total loss, the vehicle is theirs and they are entitled to the V5.

If it worries you, send it of to the DVLA to get it changed and inform the insurers that you are awaiting a replacement V5 from the DVLA. No need to tell them why, you could have just lost it and are getting a replacement.

I have had two cars written off through no-fault accidents now, and in each case have told the insurer that they won't be getting the documents until I get them back form the DVLA and that the VRM will be different as I put my number onto retention.

In both cases, I have claimed the cost of that from the other driver.