Advice Required Re: Vodafone Changing Contract Without Confirmation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been with Vodafone for about 5 years, 3 years ago negotiated my current price plan which included a £14 Extra's pack FOC.

However only noticed recently that since May 07 (when my 2nd 18 month contract commitment lapsed) that they have stopped giving me my £14/month credit.

This works out about £70 extra I've paid (im on DD so did'nt notice the difference)

Emailed Vodafone and they emailed me back offering me a £25 extras pack FOC for 3 months, but then advising me to pick a new plan & handset after those 3 months

There are two reasons why I don't want to go for this deal -:

a) I can sign up to Virgin for 300 mins & texts for £10 a month (although this deal is only valid until the end of the year)

b) IMO all Vodafone are trying to do is tie me to another 12-18mth contract on an uncompetitive tariff

What are my rights in regards to Vodafone taking off the £14 credit?

My arguement is I was'nt notified and that the contract should have continued as it had over the previous 3 years, Vodafone's arguement is that the contract had finished after the 2nd 18 month commitment.

Any help would be appreciated

Tariffs are not normally taken as part of the 'contract', primarily because your can (usually) change tariff types during the life of the contract. Also special deals can run for less than the contract duration so taking out an 18 month contract will never 'lock' you in to a particular deal unless that arrangement doesn;t have an expiry date. (And no, you've rarely told what these dates are, they're usually commercially sensitive).

You do have the right to drop to a lower tariff (unless you gave a commitment to the contrary) but if you don't get what you want and your contract is fulfilled, leave them - and if your number is important, take it with you.

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted Vodafone, told them I was'nt happy at them essentially trying to tie me to a new contract, said it would definetly lead me to leave to a competitor, but if they offered a cash credit it might be dissuade me doing so, got an email back offering £70 credit on my next bill - result :cool: