Retail Loss Prevention

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

M.A.T.Runners, I already called RLP I found the number on their Internet site where tkmaxx is a member along with other stores like boots, debenhams, etc. They said they do not have my name on their records and the policy-procedure is that when incidents happen the store has to pass all details to RLP within 24 hrs, that´s why people get a letter in the next few days. As for my case it´s been nearly a month; they told me the store might decided not to take action against me as the time to recover a loss according to their policy had expired. Hhhhmmm shopping at tkm, I am leaving tomorrow so I don´t have time. I bet M.t.a.runners that if you made a survey only on women-any kind of incident&shopping I´m pretty sure it would be difficult for them to give up their fav. shop. Of course would never want to come back to where such thing happened but would think about other branches. I Just want to clarify with you that I have admitted that what I did was a mistake, that such mistake is indeed a crime and learned my lesson and I am not blaming tkm anymore. They do have an issue on the way they deal with pricing so my advice for anyone shopping there is to ask staff then if you are not happy with it which according to my experience as they would come with a higher price then leave it or buy it if really like the item.

• 3 months later...
........ Say that you require a copy of the video as you are conisdering legal action for false imprisonment and for the return of goods you have purchased. Say that if they refuse to forward a copy of the video they should preserve it for use as evidence in proceedings you will be bringing.

The County Court system can deal with both of the claims you can make but false imprisonent cases have a jury. See a solicitor.

I am in a similar position to the OP.

what do u think the chances of getting the video are?

If they refuse to send the video then when asking them to preserve it,,,should I send this request 'special delivery' mail or similar? is a email 'read' receipt acceptable

if I get a solicitor for the original accusation of theft can they view the video?

many thanks all