lewis debt rec/c.l.finance/black horse

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

how many this debt has been passed to ????? so many names. grrr...

right, ive got this debt owing. havent heard anything for while till posty dropped the latest letters on mat today. could anyone help please or advise. would be grateful. have sent for cca request.

i have scanned all letters had recently.

the statement of account below dated oct/07 actually came with the letter dated 5/nov/07

lewisdebt1.jpg

lewisdebt2.jpg

lewisdebt3.jpg

lewisdebt4.jpg

I assume you asked for a copy of the agreement as well as a statement of account which they haven't supplied? They can remove the 250 fee for starters.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Lewis seem to be the DCA of last resort. They have recently acquired one of our card debts which the previous DCA withdrew proceedings on due to lack of CCA and a few other technicalities. I have ignored them so far:D

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

I assume you asked for a copy of the agreement as well as a statement of account which they haven't supplied? They can remove the 250 fee for starters.

thanks for reply rory32,

i sent for a copy of the agreement in 23/aug/07. they have not sent me my cca request yet only the letters you see, statement of account and the letter dated nov/07.

i have already seen the act/fee they have applied which is for £250. whats that for? is that just for collecting the debt?

because at the top of the statement of account it states

charges £00.00

accept/fee £00.00

option fee £00.00

do i have to sar them or am i ok with them at moment because of no agreement?

if anyone suggests sar what do i claim back. can i claim back the interest as well.

the statement of account only goes up to the 28/06/04 how do i find out where the rest of statements are?

i have already seen the act/fee they have applied which is for £250. whats that for? is that just for collecting the debt?

Yes and it is completely unlawful and can not be enforced. Only a court can award costs.

do i have to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) them or am i ok with them at moment because of no agreement?

Without an agreement the debt is unenforceable so it's up to you whether you wan't to send the a SAR or not. This would give you a list of any other charges on the account and yes you can claim interest as it's part of the contract. Do you think the charges will come to much once interest has been added? If so I would send the SAR to blackhorse.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 1 month later...

Well This Is Another Letter I Had Regarding This Account But This Time From A

Howard Cohen & Solicitors

Po Box 10

Cleckheaton

West Yorkshire

Bd19 4xt

Tel. 0870 751 3202

Dear Xxxxxxxxxx

Re. Cl Finance Limited - £899.98

We Have To Advise You That Instructions Have Been Recieved To Proceed Immediatly With Court Action Against You For The Recovery Of The Sum Of £899.98 Due To The Above Mentioned Company.

This Action Can Now Be Stopped Only By Payment In Full Which Should Be Sent To This Office Immediatly Accompanied By This Letter Or Qouting The Above Reference Nunmber.

If You Wish To Discuss This Matter Please Telephone Our Clients Agent On 0870 751 3003

Yours Howard Cohen.

The Date On This Letter Is 16th November 2007

I Didnt Reply And Ignored It (took A Chance, As They Havnt Got Cca Anyway) No Court Action Yet

Fingers Crossed.