Ted v Egg

tednol
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6012 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

After many years as a happy Egg customer, I was recently charged £16 for going my credit limit. What was doubly frustrating was the fact it was their interest charge, rather than a purchase on my part, that resulting in the charge.

I contacted Egg by secure message on Monday asking, in very friendly terms, if they'd be prepared to make a refund. I received a reply today consisting of cobbled together stock statements saying words to the effect of "the charge is correct, and can not be reversed".

I've since removed some substantial savings I held with Egg, and replied to their secure message in more direct terms. I basically said their message was misleading, as there are numerous cases of charges being refunded. I asked them to reconsider their decision, and have said if a refund is not provided I will escalate the situation.

I don't hold out much hope of a positive response, so I want to make sure of the next step I'd need to take. The amount I am claiming is just the £16 charge to my account made a couple of weeks ago - do I need to contact Egg to request a paper statement?

Regards the letter I need to send - are there any Egg specific templates? I've got the template available on the BBC account and am happy to tailor if myself, unless there are better templates out there.

Thank you in advance!

Ed

You will need a statement eventually but presumably you will get one soon anyway. Give them 14 days and then send a Letter Before Action from the templates library, suitably modified.

Thank you for your reply. I haven't requested a statement from Egg - my statements have always been entirely internet based. Would printing it off be sufficient, or do I need it in paper sent from Egg?

I think that printing it off is probably adequate. If it got to court no doubt egg with come up with a printed statement if yours was wrong. Not that that will ever happen.