Re-claimming PPI **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I am trying to reclaim PPi from 2 places, One is First Plus and the other HSBC, HSBC are my bank and I have banked with them for years I had loans dating back to 2001, which at the time I was only contracted to work for 10 hours a week, and was told I was not able to have PPI, however they did charge me PPI and now I want it back as if I had ever needed to I would not have been able to claim, apparently you have to work for 16 hours a week at least to be able to have PPI, so the sales lady told me to put down that I did overtime, which sometimes I did but not always in order to have the PPI, they are not allowing me my money back as they say my loans have been settled and that is that. My other niggle is FirstPlus, who unknown to me make you repay interest on the PPI for the whole term of the loan even though the PPI itself only lasts 5 years, I am not a happy bunny as they also will not refund or let me cancel my PPI saying that if I did I would only get a small reduction in my monthly payments as more of the PPI is put onto the first year of the loan (confused I am) why shoul dI pay them for 25 years for something that only lasts five and then I would have to take out extra PPI, to cover the remaining 20 years hence paying twice. Help :-x

Hi Twinsmum

got your pm. sorry you feel that no one is helping especially after reccommending the site to you. but your thread has only been up and running for a very short time. experience forum members will get back to to help and give advice. honest.

• Haha 1

One more point on this is it is a joint loan yet only my husband is covered for accident, sickness and redundancy, I pay for this loan from my bank account yet it seems that I have to die (god forbid) before I can make a claim can this be right. Sorry this is the FirstPlus loan only not HSBC. Surely joint cover should be both of us.

Have sent off everything even ny contract of employment that says I was contracted to 10 hours per week, but I can't get anything back.

Hello TwinsMum,

Can you please tell me where you are at with this matter,

Have you sent a sar to get your information??

What have you sent them and what did you ask for?????

Need the story please

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello there I have sent off first letter to Central Capital who broked the loan for me for FirstPlus, they have sent back a final response saying no. With HSBC I have sent of a request for the PPI repayments along with documents like my contract of employment at the time stating that I only worked 10 hours, they also say no even though I was told I was unable to have PPI due to the hours that I worked so I am stuck now, not sure what to do next.

Hello there I have sent off first letter to Central Capital who broked the loan for me for FirstPlus, they have sent back a final response saying no. With HSBC I have sent of a request for the PPI repayments along with documents like my contract of employment at the time stating that I only worked 10 hours, they also say no even though I was told I was unable to have PPI due to the hours that I worked so I am stuck now, not sure what to do next.

Hello TM,

MMMmmm the loan with First Plus is not going to be a easy one I am afraid, due to the fact Central Capital arranged the loan for you. They will blame each other. Gemini's thread is similair as she took out loans with Ocean Finance. Maybe have a read of that thread, I will post it up for you to read.

Now HSBC would say no, even if you did not work, were over 70 and had every medical condition going. Keep at them and do not take no for the answer.

What did you say in your letter????

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Knock me down with a feather, received phone call from HSBC last night saying they are going to support my claim and are refunding over £2000, oddly enough yesterday morning I spoke to them to see what else I could do and they said that they were still looking into it again, maybe it was because they had received my Contract of Employment and they can't argue with that but less than 4 hours later received phone call making me an offer, strange really I was geared up for a good old fight. Now I can concentrate on FirstPlus. Thank you I will let you know how I get on any more ideas please let me know.

Knock me down with a feather, received phone call from HSBC last night saying they are going to support my claim and are refunding over £2000, oddly enough yesterday morning I spoke to them to see what else I could do and they said that they were still looking into it again, maybe it was because they had received my Contract of Employment and they can't argue with that but less than 4 hours later received phone call making me an offer, strange really I was geared up for a good old fight. Now I can concentrate on FirstPlus. Thank you I will let you know how I get on any more ideas please let me know.

Hello Twinsmum,

Well I never, they are renouned for refusing to even consider complaints. But you have them by the short and curlies, so obviously they know its a good case of mis-selling. Well done

Have they offered the whole amount plus interest that you are intitled to, don't want to sell yourself short now do you.

You can ask for their rate of contractual interest or the Statutory 8% interest. They have deprived you of that money and in doing so caused you financial hardship:D So you now play the tune

If you need help with figures etc, give me a shout.

• Haha 1

Twinsmum

WELL DONE and CONGRATS :D :D :D im so pleased for you. you will def have a fab xmas now;) ;)

go and celebrate.

when ready to go get First Plus the guys will still be here to help with support and advice.

lovely jubley

Shirls

Had acceptance letter signed it and returned, obviousley opted to have money paid into another account, just in case they try to close my account of something and use some of it to pay off my overdraft (quick thinking) apparently they are closing peoples accounts I think that is so wrong, they did say in their letter that I was a valued customer of theirs (yeah right) and that this would not affect my relationship with them at all. Now going after First Plus and also think I may have a claim with GE Capital noticed Account cover on my card, never asked for that it started off as a Mothercare Storecard and somewhere along the way has turned into a Mothercare Mastercard how did that happen?????. Will keep you posted, good luck to everyone.

Hello Twinsmum,

Well I never, they are renouned for refusing to even consider complaints. But you have them by the short and curlies, so obviously they know its a good case of mis-selling. Well done

Have they offered the whole amount plus interest that you are intitled to, don't want to sell yourself short now do you.

You can ask for their rate of contractual interest or the Statutory 8% interest. They have deprived you of that money and in doing so caused you financial hardship:D So you now play the tune

If you need help with figures etc, give me a shout.

Yes, pretty sure they are sending me enough as far as I can work out, they were actually quite nice about it really concerns me a little hence having money paid into my Barclays account instead.

Yes, pretty sure they are sending me enough as far as I can work out, they were actually quite nice about it really concerns me a little hence having money paid into my Barclays account instead.

Well done Twinsmum, I am so pleased for you and just before Xmas too. Spend wisely:D

Geez, talk about fast work :D Very well done x

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Well done. . . great result

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers