morethan very slow

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the girlfriend had a crash back in october so the following day as soon as i could i rung morethan to report the crash and make a claim, started well enough, took all the details etc and said where would i like the car taken to for assessment so i chose a place about 6-7 miles away from me so i could get my personal belongings from the car (i wasn't around when the car was crashed and it was 80 miles away). 2 weeks later they finally recovered the car to a garage 90+ miles away from me meaning that i couldn't get any of my possessions out easily (how they expect me just to drive along there i don't know)

another week passed and the car was written off and the repair company told me morethan will get the car taken to a salvage yard (where i can get my belongings, again still 90+ miles away!!) and make me a settlement offer.

another week has passed and they've still not made an offer and now i can't help thinking that my personal belongings will probably be missing by now so will i then have to claim for them separately?

will be ringing again tomorrow but seem to spend a lot of time on hold so get fed up. dragged on for 4 weeks so far and it's getting annoying

Crash in OCT i wouldnt expect to get any form of settlement figure just yet, even insurance companies arent that quick, there have to do there own checks on the said crash, there have to get there police reports etc, and get other paperwork checked and double checked then triple checked, all this does take time, there have hundreds if not more claims to deal with, why not ring them, and ask how much back log of claims there have, and ask for a time scale, roam wasnt built in a day. Personnally i would expect to wait at least 2/3 mths before expecting any offer to be made.

Remember never take there 1st offer of settlement, there will offer a value alot less than the cars price, hold ur nerve, get quotes of similar cars, to ur partners, make model, year mileage etc, and then you will have a sort of figure in mind when trying to notigate a settlement with them.

With respect your personnel belongings, do you know the name of the salvage company? if so, contact them, and ask them to take your belongings out of the car, and hold them for you, untill you can go collect them. 90 miles isnt that far, and it will save you claiming for the said items, which are important to you, i take it you have listed what items are/were in the car, should you opt to claim rather than drive to collect them, but i'd say the insurance might not pay for them items, as there are collectable should you want to go for them.

I take it your partner or yourself has been given or offered a courtesy car while yours is under review, dependant upon your policy cover? so you have means to go collect your items etc.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

were told we'd get a courtesy car for 3 days but it never materialised so no car to go and get the belongings

no idea who the salvage company are but i'll be ringing up tomorrow again to find out

If your car has been written off, you won't get a courtesy car anyway. I don't see any reason why the salvage yard can't post your belongings to you, I used to arrange this for customers - alot of people can't get about easily when their vehicle has been written off. As for waiting 3 months for a settlement offer, this is unacceptable. They cover you, & have confirmed your car is a total loss, so should be making you an offer now. Who's fault it was will be established in the meantime & MID/CUE checks take a matter of days - it does not hold up the claims settlement.

Insurers use Parkers & Glasses guide to value vehicles, based on age, mileage, condition etc..it is worth looking on Autotrader on-line for similar vehicles so you get an idea of what it was worth at the time of the crash - take mileage & condition into consideration tho! You won't get what the vehicle is insured for, the insurers are liable to pay you the market value only.