Can HSBC sell account in dispute ?

RETURNED TO SENDER

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5065 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not actually sure about the legal perspective on selling debts but I think you will find Lowell wont want to know if you have an ongoing dispute with HSBC.

Most of these DCA's just want a quick return on what they have paid, they buy accounts and either threaten you with the hounds of hell until you pay or offer a huge discount if you pay within days. Most of the time if you tell them their is a dispute on the account or even better its the subject of litigation with HSBC they will just hand it back.

pete

No they can't - but they'll try to

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Under s13.6 of the Banking Code the bank is NOT allowed to pass on a disputed debt or make reports to the CRA's.

We may give information to credit reference agencies

about the personal debts you owe us if:

• you have fallen behind with your payments;

the amount owed is not in dispute; and

• you have not made proposals we are satisfied with

for repaying your debt, following our formal demand.

Also under the OFT guidelines for collection they are not allowed to ignore your dispute and the act of "selling" to a DCA a disputed account would breach this.

ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are

disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

:D In the quick reply box at the bottom of every thread you will see a happy smiley face in the bar at the top (next to the big letter A). Just click on it and it will bring up a few smilies you can use.

;):(:rolleyes::cool::eek:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D