advice please - getting refund from garage

bettyevs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My renault clio is not starting properly. Intermitently, the ignition will turn over but will not catch. I took it into a garage and explained what had been happening. They told me one ofthe ignition leads had snapped. They replaced it and including labour cost me £83. Not only did that not fix the problem but now the engine was misfiring when I drove it away. I took it back and left it overnight. Apparently one of the caps going in to the ignition was not put on correctly which had caused it to misfire. The manager also (rather patronisingly on afterthought) to keep my foot flat on the ignition when I started it.

This has not cured the original problem so I will be taking it to a recommended garage for a diagnostic.

What are my rights getting a refund from the garage. They did not fix the problem but did change a lead that was snapped (they showed me this). On dealing with the manager, think I may have some trouble getting a refund. At the very least, I fell I should get the labour costs back.

Can I claim a full refund?

Thanks

Hi,

My renault clio is not starting properly. Intermitently, the ignition will turn over but will not catch. I took it into a garage and explained what had been happening. They told me one ofthe ignition leads had snapped. They replaced it and including labour cost me £83. Not only did that not fix the problem but now the engine was misfiring when I drove it away. I took it back and left it overnight. Apparently one of the caps going in to the ignition was not put on correctly which had caused it to misfire. The manager also (rather patronisingly on afterthought) to keep my foot flat on the ignition when I started it.

This has not cured the original problem so I will be taking it to a recommended garage for a diagnostic.

What are my rights getting a refund from the garage. They did not fix the problem but did change a lead that was snapped (they showed me this). On dealing with the manager, think I may have some trouble getting a refund. At the very least, I fell I should get the labour costs back.

Can I claim a full refund?

Thanks

There are a few anomalies here Betty.

A question - is this every time you start (hot or cold) or just when the engine is cold after standing for a couple of hours?