Financial adviser

Yyates

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry if this is the wrong board I wasn't too sure where to put this.

Anyway, I used to have a FA approx 2/3 years ago only he left me in more strife than I had before so cancelled dealing with him. The other week he turned up at my door saying he was in the area and trying to get me to go back to him, I said if i wanted his services I would contact him and left it at that. He has now taken to repeatedly phoning me to try to sell me policy's that I don't want and i have now had to block him from phoning me through BT choose to refuse. If he turns up at the door again or uses a different number to keep phoning me would this be classed as harassment or not and if so exactly where do I stand and what can I do about his other than losing my temper? Is this classed as cold calling or not seeing as I did business with 2 years ago?

Thanks for reading this, once again I am scared of the phone ringing and answering it.

Lloyds TSB -Settled in full 30/08/06 :)

Now whoes next :)

Hi

Well if he is becoming a nuisance tell him that you would prefer he didnt contact you again by phone or call and if he does not respect your wishes you would take the matter further leave it at that. Ps is he a member of the FSO or any major finacial group?

Regards:cool:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

Well if he is becoming a nuisance tell him that you would prefer he didnt contact you again by phone or call and if he does not respect your wishes you would take the matter further leave it at that. Ps is he a member of the FSO or any major finacial group?

Regards:cool:

Thank you for your post,all I know is hes independant now. I finished dealing with him approx at around the time he went on his own.

Hi Yyates

By take it further i mean through the relative finacial governing bodies.

He must think there "is Gold in them there hills" if he so persistant

Just be straight with him but firm no skin off your nose if he takes offence ?

Regards

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...

Brief up date.

I have now thrown this guy off the property, put the phone down onhim and blocked him from phoning again and returned his letters and hes still knocking on the door.

Anyone have any more ideas? please?

Report the buggar to the police for tresspassing on ur land, hes now harrassing you on the phone at ur home and pestering which is un-wanted by you... ring the police and tell them u are been stalked, take his car number plate and take photos for future referance....

If you don't want any of the things he's offering, he's a freak for presuing you....

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

Yyates,

As an IFA he will be regulated by the financial services authority.

Do a search here -

FSA Register

The FSA are very strict about advisers contacting people without their consent. Either report him to them, or if he calls again tell him that he does not have your consent to call and is in breach of the FSA's cold calling regulations.

That should get rid!

The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity than a friend is a creditor.

Debt Collection Charges

There is no legal basis for a creditor or a debt collection agency acting on its behalf to claim collection costs from a debtor unless there is an express provision in the original agreement.

Without such provision, collection charges cannot be demanded as a debt due under the agreement.