Some Newbie Questions

butters786

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, i'm sorry this has been covered before (i did search), anyway I am about to start proceedings against HSBC for £495 and have a few questions.

First, the only charges i have incurred have come from 'Charge Recalls' where i have not had enough money to cover a DD.

The problem i have is on one statement they have charged me £330 but on the same say they have 'Corrected £300', so the charge is still £30 but not sure if i should put it down as such. What is they're checking procedure as i am anxious to not make any mistakes, here is a copy of the statement in question:

charges.jpg

My second question is originally I was being charged £30 whenever charges were made but from mid 2006 onwards they started becoming £10 or £25, I'm not sure if these still qualify as unfair charges and can I claim for them also? (these charges are again for recalls on DD's).

Third question, I am actually totally debt free at the moment and have positive balance with HSBC, should I open another account (parachute) from now or will they leave me be as my accounts have been in good order for quite a while.

Going Through my previous statements I'm really shocked at how badly I managed my accounts during my time at uni, also disappointed how much my bank (who I have been with since age 12) took advantage, in one month I was charged £150 over 4 days for the same recalled £15 direct debit!

Anyway I'm rambling, thanks in advance and hopefully if all goes well I can reclaim for my CC after :)

Firstly Hi and welcome to the HSBC bashing forum...LOL

Anyway, you should probably only include the amount of the charge so the £30 in question. With regards all other charges, well right now all are in question and therefore add all charges in be they £5 or £50...

If your account is in good order then they will have no interest or cause you any grief in closing it down. There is no harm in setting up another account just in case, but no need to transfer everything out unless you have just had enough...

Good luck,

Penfold

Penfold

(feel free to click the scales on the left if I said something that helps)

Due to recent issues I have had....

All posts written by me and involving my opinions and written without any legal knowledge are....

Without Prejudice

Looks like Penfold has covered everything! But just incase you do need a parachute account have a look at this Do you need a parachute account?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

Also this will tell you which charges you can claim back Charges description on statements - Please Read

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE