Thomas Cook cancelled our holiday

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have a holiday booked for 2 adults 3 children for Disney in Paris for 6 days over Christmas Day. Hioliday of a lifetime.

We agreed to pay the balance to TC by the 29th October and unfortunatley we called them a day late and they have canceleld the holiday without informing us. The said they treid to call an old mobile of mine but it went straight to answerphone so they left a message.

It was only when calling to pay the final amount that they informed us.

The outcome is that they have kept the £500 deposit + £534 extra paid and told us that we are not entitled to anything back and if we want to re-book we have to pay for the holiday again in full.

I do not know why they never called me at home or sent a letter to this effect prior to them taking it upon themselves to cancel OUR holiday. We were a day late to pay the final amount.

Does anyone know anything we can do as we are now without Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...

No letter was sent to me requesting the monies nor.

They sent me a receipt on the 15/16th October for the £500 I had just paid off which had a one liner saying the remainder was due by the end of September. Which had already gone.

That was the only letter I got from them and I have still not heard from them at all!

Lee

a leading travel company, has to give 3 balance reminders, by letter. the 3rd one has to be recorded delivery to make sure you receive the letter.and you are givn until 4 oclockon the date of final payment. and usually a phone call on the final day too. IF still no response they can cancel your holiday. but thomas cook s policy may differ

• Haha 1

this does not seem right,i will check tom cooks terms and conditions,, and let you know tomorrow. need some more info can you pm me with details. when was holiday booked ,was it booked in shop or over phone or internet,and if you dont mind, total cost of holiday and we will see what we can sort for you... Roxy