Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Hi,  Here's my draft and please feel free to give me suggestion: ========== Dear Sir/Madam, TFL case number: **** I would like to thank TFL for providing me the opportunity to explain my behaviour. I realised the stupidity of what I have done and wish to seek a resolution to this matter. I have no valid excuse for this action and I am extremely sorry and deeply regret my action. I hope you will accept my sincere apologies. Nothing can justify my action. I am aware that TFL are only able to operate if everyone pays their fare correctly and I feel so guilty about attempting to breach public trust. This has caused me sleepness nights and raised my anxieties. I have history of anxiety. This has been a hard lesson learnt. I have never been in trouble with the law in the past and I ensure that I won’t be in the future. I am and will be using my oyster card (PAYG). I would like to humbly appeal to TFL to allow me to settle this matter out of court and avoid going to prosecution given the adverse consequences it can have on me and my family. I am very concerned that prosecution for the first time and I would like to make restitution for my action. Having a criminal offense on my record will have detrimental consequences on me. I have always been a law abiding person and have no previous offences.     I would really appreciate if I can be given the opportunity to pay for any unpaid fares plus any charges and/or administrative cost which have been incurred by TFL due to this incident. I am sincerely remorseful and ashamed of myself, and I fully appreciate the severity and stupidity of my transgressions. Again, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies. Yours Faithfully, My Name -----------------------------  
    • My wife dropped my daughter off at a kids party space on a trading estate and didn't think to look for signs as she parked outside the establishment. We got a £60 (reduced early payment) fine. Although now the signs are to be seen its a lot of money is this something we must now pay? Attached is the notice and the signs. Looks obvious now but when you are driving to a party warehouse on a trading estate and looking for the place itself its easy to miss this and especially when it seems logical to park there and walk in. My wife was there for 30 minutes. Thanks in advance Sam          A4.pdf
    • That's such a perverse judgment its almost unbelievable Looks like totally ignored everything and just gave judgement on something that's not compulsory as in name a driver or appeal did judge confuse having to name a driver in a motoring offence case like speeding with the civil?
    • The OH had letter from Resolvecall regarding a very old LTSB debt at the start of the month. Knowing it was SB, I sent off the SB letter to Intrum who owns the debt. They responded to the OH last week when I was away. They basically said speak to Resolvecall and the standard letter, we'll pop to your house malarkey.... Just ignore as Intrum own the debt and from the looks of it have ignored the SB letter? The OH gets twitchy with these things, thanks PM.
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

    • If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

      On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

      Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

      The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

      I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

      Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

      Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

      The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

      Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

      One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

      Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

      We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

      It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.


      OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
        • Like
  • Recommended Topics

Subject Access Request Problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Dear All

I made a request under the data projection act subject access report for all infomatiom to be sent to me relating to myself in any medium to my housing association landlord. I believe am entitled to a copy of the information.

My housing association has responded giving me a copy of their policy to invite me to view the record in the presence of the Area Housing Manager at their Head Office and that wherever possible photocopying facilities will be made available. I have had a quick but not detailed look at their policy document and it says that the Data Protection Act gives individuals the stautory right to see and check details about themselve that are held in the form of computerised data and that for tenants of local authorities this extends to manual records under the Acces to Personal File (Housing) Regulations 1989.

I do not know much about the data protection act, however, I was of the understanding that it allowed me to receive copies (ie photocopies) of all information in any form, be it emails, letters, internal memos etc.

I want to send them a letter saying very simply.

RE your letter.

The Data Protection Act works at a level above you own policies, please send me all information as per my request dated -- -- -- under the act as per my letter. If you require any further information on how to comply with my request I refer you to the Act. Please comply within the time period allocated under the act.



DOes anyone know where I stand please?

Any help greatly appreciated



Link to post
Share on other sites

Without looking in any detail at the Act to check for any specific exclusions relating to Housing Associations, I think you are right. I have been in a similar situation with a health centre, who offered a patient the opportunity to see her record and photocopy it. I contacted the Information Commissioner, and was advised that this is inappropriate; the organisation to whom the request is made must produce the copies, within 40 days, and they must be legible - this includes providing a decode of any abbreviations used. Apart from anything else, the Data Protection Act allows the data controller to redact some information, and they clearly can't do this if they are allowing individuals to see the original records.


Some organisations try to avoid a proper S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) by saying that you can view/copy documents at no charge, suggesting that copies they provide will cost a lot. The maximum they can charge is £10 - they aren't obliged to charge anything.


Try something like:


Dear Sirs


I refer to the Subject Access Request I submitted to you on (date), and to your reply dated (date).


From your reply, it appears that you have misunderstood what I have asked for. The Data Protection Act 1998 requires you to provide me with legible copies of all data held in relevant filing systems. As you know, statute law takes precedence over your internal policies, and I would be grateful if you would therefore ensure that the data I have requested is provided within the statutory time limit.


If I do not receive the data within the statutory time limit, which ends on (date), I will make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner.


Yours etc.


If they don't comply, make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office, who will usually write to them and tell them they must comply. Alternatively, if you get no data or more waffle, you can send a letter before action which will inform them that you will go to court for an order forcing them to disclose the data, and for damages at the court's discretion.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you look at the act s8:


(2) The obligation imposed by section 7(1)©(i) must be complied with by supplying the data subject with a copy of the information in permanent form unless—


the supply of such a copy is not possible or would involve disproportionate effort, or



the data subject agrees otherwise;


and where any of the information referred to in section 7(1)©(i) is expressed in terms which are not intelligible without explanation the copy must be accompanied by an explanation of those terms.




7(1)© reads:


to have communicated to him in an intelligible form—

(i) the information constituting any personal data of which that individual is the data subject, and

(ii) any information available to the data controller as to the source of those data, and

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.


I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks a lot people, its very kind of you to be of help. This is what I think so supports what I wanted to say.

ScarletPinpernel, thanks for the letter suggestion, it is very good, very much like one I had already drafted but better.

What a great communitty this is.

Regards and thanks,


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...