POC with Contractual Interest

kiri260180
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if I am posting int the right area but I was wondering if somebody could have a gander at my POC - it is with Barclaycard and I have inlcuded contractual interest - I know that there has been some trouble with claiming this lately but thought I would have a go anyway.

Any ideas if this is okay?

Contractual Interest

12. The claimant claims compound interest on the amounts claimed, using the rate and method as applied by the defendant to monies it is owed. A schedule of the charges and interest calculated is annexed to the Particulars of Claim. The claimant’s ground for seeking restitution of the compounded contractual rate of interest is that the defendant would be unjustly enriched if the claimant's entitlement was limited to the statutory rate of interest in that the defendant has had use of the sums and would have used these sums to re-lend at commercial compounded rates. Additionally, the Claimant has not had the benefit of the sums and has therefore been unable to use said sums to repay borrowing elsewhere.

(7) The removal of any prejudicial information which the Defendant bank may have passed to third parties in relation to the Account and in particular the removal of all Default Notices registered with credit reference agencies since this was caused solely by the level of disproportionate penalty charges. The Claimant’s request is made under the Data Protection Act 1998, section 14, which gives the power to the Court to order the removal of inaccurate personal data.

In order to claim restitution you need to identify the unjust factor. and it might be an idea to make reference to the Sempra ruling.

It would also be better to put the contractual interest part after the paragraph relating to the Regulations.

Thank you for that - I will look it up on the forum - I saw somebody else refer to it.

I will also re-jig - thank you again.

As I have to take Natwest CC to court as well and claiming contractual interest there as well - I would like to make sure it is right - so thank you again.

• 1 month later...