• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Can I Claim PPI Back ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can somebody please help me with this enquiry?

I have recently found out that I may be able to claim back for payment protection insurance of loans and credit cards.

In 2002 I took out a 36month credit agreement with Volkswagen Financial Services for the payment of a car I purchased from a VW dealer.

I wondered if I would be able to get my fees refunded as I feel I was mis-sold the payment protection insurance.

At the time of purchasing the car I was not informed anything about its , only that I must have it for them to agree the credit. The salesman did not expalin anything about this to me in anyway or any of the benefits or drawbacks that it offered. I paid the agreement off never having to make a claim in anyway against their insurance. I was persuaded into taking it and I feel that I was an easy target at the time and possibly a little naive, I was around 24 at the time and a loan of around £15000 was a massive financial responsability and I feel that the salesman took advantage of this fact.

Another reason I feel I may have been mis-sold this insurance is because in 2007 I went to Seat Uk to buy a car, again using their finance (which is still Volkswagen Financial Services) and before I got the car/credit I had to sit down in a seperate room and have one of the salesmen explain all the different ppi options etc....I then had to sign a declaration to say that I had had this meeting with them and all of the options had been explained to me. ( I presume that this is a result of salesmen mis-selling ppi in the past and for them to cover themselves??) I decided to opt out of this policy as once it was all explained to me I thought it was overpriced and only coverd 1 person and I needed it to cover 2 people.

I still have all of the original paperwork that I signed at the time.

Can somone please tell me if I would be able to claim the costs for the ppi back from VWFS which were around £47 per month on the basis that I was mis-sold the ppi?

Thanks for your help.

Can somebody please help me with this enquiry?

I have recently found out that I may be able to claim back for payment protection insurance of loans and credit cards.

In 2002 I took out a 36month credit agreement with Volkswagen Financial Services for the payment of a car I purchased from a VW dealer.

I wondered if I would be able to get my fees refunded as I feel I was mis-sold the payment protection insurance.

At the time of purchasing the car I was not informed anything about its , only that I must have it for them to agree the credit. The salesman did not expalin anything about this to me in anyway or any of the benefits or drawbacks that it offered. I paid the agreement off never having to make a claim in anyway against their insurance. I was persuaded into taking it and I feel that I was an easy target at the time and possibly a little naive, I was around 24 at the time and a loan of around £15000 was a massive financial responsability and I feel that the salesman took advantage of this fact.

Another reason I feel I may have been mis-sold this insurance is because in 2007 I went to Seat Uk to buy a car, again using their finance (which is still Volkswagen Financial Services) and before I got the car/credit I had to sit down in a seperate room and have one of the salesmen explain all the different ppi options etc....I then had to sign a declaration to say that I had had this meeting with them and all of the options had been explained to me. ( I presume that this is a result of salesmen mis-selling ppi in the past and for them to cover themselves??) I decided to opt out of this policy as once it was all explained to me I thought it was overpriced and only coverd 1 person and I needed it to cover 2 people.

I still have all of the original paperwork that I signed at the time.

Can somone please tell me if I would be able to claim the costs for the ppi back from VWFS which were around £47 per month on the basis that I was mis-sold the ppi?

Thanks for your help.

Hello and welcome to the forum,

I would certainly have a bash at reclaiming it, but be warned they will deny it. If you don't do it, you will never know, will you:cool:

If you need help, just shout

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Ok thanks. Should I just send them the first letter now then ?

From this link???

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/ppi/61081-ppi-some-notes-claimants.html

They can deny it all the like, but surley ive got a good claim against them havnt I ?

Helo Jimmy,

Do you have all of the facts and figures regarding the claim. If you are happy that you have and this mayinclude the credit agreement to see what you actually signed for then send your first letter asking for them to return your money.

If you don't have all of this information, then sent the SAR amend it to your details and wait till it comes.

Carry on reading about the different ppi threads, to get up to speed with others progress and if you need help just shout.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Thanks for the reply. I still have a few questions if you don’t mind me asking?

I have the original Credit Agreement that I signed at the time.

I am a little worried because on the declaration section it says:

I/We understand that Volkswagen Payment Protection is optional

And underneath – my signature!

However this was not explained to me at the time, I was not quoted a monthly price with and without insurance, but it does say on the agreement that it is £47.17 per month.

The salesman told me that:

“it was a good idea to take it, or they probably will NOT authorise the agreement / accept you for the loan. ” (Effectively pressuring me into taking the PPI) also none of the terms and conditions were explained to me in any way.

The problem is this was over 5 years ago, so I would have no way of proving any of this, although everybody knows most car salesmen are money-grabbing sharks and will say anything to bump up their commission.

Do I still have a valid claim here, because if this went to court wouldn’t they just laugh it off ???

It seems like lots of people are having some success with claiming back PPI fees and in similar situations, I hope that my situation is a suitable one to claim my money back.

Thanks for your help

• 2 weeks later...