Can i cancel my bt broadband

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i took out a contract with orange whic entitles me to take up free broadband with them which will save me money as im currently paying bt-i just rang them to ask when i started my phone and broadband and she said i took it out on 11th april 07 i said can i get a mac code as i require it for orange she said you can but you'll be billed up until 11th october 08 so theres no point in cancelling it but can they do that - i never signed their contract agreement nor did i return it to them????????????????

I'm not certain of the position, here, but I would have thought that as BT have supplied the service and you have been paying for the service, you have agreed to the terms of the contract. Therefore a contract exists.

Remember, a contract does not HAVE to be on paper....you can easily have a verbal contract.

For example, a shop has goods on display with a price attached. The shopkeeper is offering the goods. You offer to buy the goods at the price advertised. The shopkeeper agrees to the transaction. A verbal contract now exists between you.

As harsh as it may seem, contracts are legally binding on both parties, not only written but verbal as well.

I think that you may have to put up with it until the contract finishes, unless you can persuade BT to release you from it.

IMHO.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Possibly not.

Only thing I can suggest is sending a "pretty-please" letter to them, and hope that they will let you end the contract.

The fact that you need the MAC code to transfer your service, severely limits the get-out excuses you can use.

I hope you succeed but I think you may not.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Guest peed orf

Hi Rooster, you say a verbal contract is binding (which is usually the case),

But if BT never implied or supplied terms and conditions, can they start to enforce them?

Surely to hold a person to a contract, that 1 party has not had the opportunity to read and understand, and nogotiate accept or refuse the terms, would there Standard form contract (albeit verbal), stand up in a court of law?

How can BT in a court of law prove the term was for a fixed 12 month period?

Finally, if the above mentioned person was to cancel their Direct debit with BT,which would incur a £4 monthly charge, Due to the fact BT have breached common law ( the same as bank charges, unfair terms of consumer contract regs) be grounds for a 1 month letter of termination of the agreement.

Just thinking aloud.